• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What kind of snacks do you take?

OK - I will confess - my favorite snack is cheese combos. It's too salty for everyday snacking, but in the hot, sweaty Florida weather I can rationalize it. COmbos are light weight and don't upset my tummy like straight candy does. We also carry a little bottle of water, becasue sometimes all I need is a little squirt while standing in line to hold me over until it's time for the real treats/drinks! Having just one or two snacks plus a little water on hand probably saves us $6-$7 per person per day. We still have our special treats in the park - yum yum Dole WHips!

Each one of us has our own fanny pack. I pack snack bags w/ pretzels, dry cereal, Ritz bits & many other things mentioned on this thread. Everyone packs their own fanny pack the night before going to a park.

There are also a few "sweet" treats. Bite size licorice & tootsie rolls (things that won't melt). It is the best thing we ever started doing. Everyone is responsible for their own "stuff", when it's gone, that's it. It has saved a ton of money on snacks during the day & my kids love being able to snack when they want w/out having to ask.

By the way - where do you get the Dole Whips? I can't remember seeing the stand, or I did & just couldn't resist a Mickey Bar & passed up the Dole Whip!! The Dole Whips do sound good!

MELSMICE,

The Dole Whips are at Aloha Isle in Adventureland, real close to the Magic Carpets of Aladdin ride. I always get a chocolate/pineapple one! YUM!!!:D :D :D

Debbie:earsgirl:

We like the nutragrain bars/fruit and oatmeal bars for snacking, too, but my girls (14 months and 3 yrs.) typically like to squish them and make a huge mess. We just discovered the bite size version of these snacks and they are great. They are just the right size for a toddler to hold and any uneaten "bites" can be saved for later.

I can't wait to try the Dole Whips, too. I will definitely have to try them while we are in MK in September!

We brought raisins, fruit bars, granola bars, little bags of goldfish, individual bags of dry cereal, pretzels, peanut butter on cheese crackers in packages, frozen juice bags and grapes. My youngest ds is only 3, so we had a stroller and were able to keep the backpack in the basket of the stroller. I didn't bring all of these things all of the time, but I let my boys each pick 2 snacks a day and we carried them in. We also got an ice cream treat nearly every day, but it was the goldfish and cereal that kept them occupied while waiting in line or for shows.

Marcy

Just curious, I thought I had read that you can't take food into the parks. I will be going to Disneyland in CA and wanted to verify if that was fact or fiction.

My 4 y/o son will not eat ANYTHING but PBJ sandwiches and Nutrigrain bars........If I can bring in the food rather than going back to the hotel everyday that sure would be nice. Plus, who wants to pay $2+ for a bottle of water.

Thanks in advance for any info.

We were just in DW in June, and we never had a problem bringing snacks and water bottles into the park. They even check bags before entering the park, and no one ever said anything at all about the snacks in our bags. I would say that you couldn't get away with a "cooler' in the parks, but a few snacks no one is going to stop you.

In our family, vacation = Pringles, Easy Cheeze, and sugar wafers (my fav!). It's the only time we indulge in junk food. Dole Whips are a must have at WDW!!!

I used to bring my own snacks, but, found that a bag of M&M's with peanuts does the trick for me!:o (when I get back, my face is broken out with Pimples....at 44 years of age!):rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter