• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What kind of snacks do you take?

Garretts92

Mouseketeer
Ok, last year I made a trip to Sam's Club and loaded up on a few different snack items to take with us into the parks. By the end of the week, we were sick of having the same choices everday. Cereal bars, cheez-its, rice crispy treats and peanut butter crackers made up most of the selection. So I've decided on a new strategy for this year. Take only a small amount of a lot of different things.

I was just curious to see what other people bring in to the parks and hoped to get some ideas to keep the variety more interesting this year. So, lets hear it!

We also take the things you mentioned, plus dry cereal in baggies, different small sized crackers (wheat crackers,and baked/flavored ones), the individual pretzels with cheese snacks, gummies (esp Disney ones), plain pretzels, animal crackers, and
small /bite sized cookies. We also get the rice crispy variety pack to have more choices. We too have found that variety is the spice of life!

Little Debbie cakes! Yeah, they get smashed in my fanny pack, but I can eat the crumbs. We usually let everyone pick a few snacks from the convenience store. That way everyone has a few favorites.

Skittles, little bags of peanuts,smarties, goldfish, teddy grahams,plus a few other things mentioned already...

HI ALL,
We have a back pack that has an attached mini cooler its the same width of the backpack and is approx. 5 inches tall - so we freeze juice boxes and bring them and also fresh fruit - grapes oranges, and strawberries - it hits the spot when you are tired and its hot! We also bring the basics assorted chips, fruit rollups, cheese&pretzel or cracker handi- snacks.AND OF COURSE WATER!

Usually we just buy something at the parks. Not the most economical thing, but if it saves having to carry that stuff around, only to not want it later, it is fine with me!

We include the above things plus fruit roll-ups, gum, pop tarts, and cookies. We're adding Ritz Bitz to our snack menu as there are s'more, pb and fudge, cheese, and plain pb. We buy stuff as we shop for groceries in the weeks prior, divide it 3 ways then let the kids pick from their stash each day.

Hey, it's not just about money, either! My kids quite happily wear their own fanny packs of treats. They'd be disappointed if we didn't let them. It cuts out searching for a snack that sounds good to everyone and standing in line not mention melt-downs and whining.

We like pocky. It's an asian cookie thing. Most grocery stores carry them on the "ethnic food isle." They are small cookies, lightly dipped in chocolate or strawberry icing. They last through the day, they don't melt easily...and because of the thin box surrounding them, they don't break easily.

All my best
~Tina

We don't take any snacks. I budget for the occaisional Dole Whips and ice cream, and I do buy bottled water--lots of it at the grocery store. I often wonder if people who take fanny packs and back packs full of food actually eat all that stuff.

I sometimes take Pria bars, but they do melt. However, they are just right for me and if I did not have them I would have to have a Mickey Mouse Ice cream which is actually more than I need!

Reflection, fanny packs don't hold that much food, and my kids might or might not end the day with a little left. With small kids, it's a lifesaver. We don't carry a backpack of food, though.

We usually take energy bars (e.g. Nutrigrain bars) or granola bars because they pack well and don't crush easily. We also buy a case or two of bottled water for the trip so we don't get dehydrated. :D

I don't particularly like that prepackaged stuff, and half the fun is getting the treats from the parks, so we don't take any of that. We like to travel light... no fanny packs or backpacks, if we can help it. If it can't fit into our pockets, or our lanyards, we just don't take it!

We're also getting some of those new cereal and milk bars. They seem like they'll hold together better than granola. Jasmine, we'll get some park snacks if they sound good, but my kids would revolt if we didn't do the fanny packs. It's not all about money, but it sure doesn't hurt the budget either.

Pringles in the little can, I refilled mimi-m&m tubes with nuts, and I am also a choco-holic, so I brought tootsie rolls and chocolate tootsie pops(I go to the bulk bin and only get the chocolate ones.

I also bring safe-t-y pops for the kids and gum for us all.

Handi-snacks cheese and crackers

It is just so convenient to have a little to 'nosh on during the day that you don't have to wait in line for.

As a true Philly native, Tastycakes are on the menu. Unfortunately, bringing soft pretzels isn't a viable option, let alone a cheesesteak.

We're taking my in-laws in December, and they really thought the idea of snacks was a good one. They plan on bringing the non-cruncable snacks for the kids that the kids already eat...probably alot of junk, but it is vacation. The crunchable snacks (chips, dorito's, etc) will be saved for munching on in our villa rooms.

-Joe
who has yet to find a real philly cheesesteak outside of philly.

I have to eat every three hours, and that has to be mostly protein, so we bring jerky, handi snacks, protein bars, and nuts. Then I take chewy granola bar and the new cereal bar. I can only eat a small amount at that time, so I put it all in small ziplock bags. We put it all in a backpack, and put the pack in a locker. I put a little in my fanny pack, and I'm good to go for 6 hours. If I didn't do this, I'd spend a lot of money on unhealthy snacks that I couldn't eat all of anyway. We like the cereal bars and granola bars on the bus. We've never been told we can't eat on the bus, but I've heard others have been told that.

If you're a gum chewer like me, make sure you take plenty with yo
u. It's not something they sell in Disney.

We always take to many snacks and end up with a bag full of crumbs.

... the mini boxes of cereals (like a 10-pack). We use them for a quick breakfast (you can pour milk right into the box!) or eat 'em dry for a healthier snack. I also bring cups of chocolate and tapioca pudding snacks. They don't have to be refrigerated and it's something a little different from the crunchy stuff. I also like the SlimFast bars (no, not for dieting ~ after all, I AM on vacation!) Again, they supply lots of vitamins and minerals, and are good for "refueling" your body...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter