What kind of music do you hear around Hard Rock Universal?

atlantamoi

Earning My Ears
Up front: I am a music snob.

Part of the allure of possibly staying at Hard Rock is to enjoy the music aspects of the place (duh!), but I'm wondering if a full week of hearing bro-country and/or teen idol pop stars would drive me nuts. I can handle music I don't like in doses, but would definitely prefer tunes by the pool that are more RnR in nature (see, snobby! :) )

I noticed an online video about their Wax program where they bring you a turntable with 10 records. Not a selling point for me, but I would use it. Cool idea. The video had 10 records with these artists:

Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash, AC/DC, Bob Dylan

Is that kind of the vibe in the lobby and pool? If so, great! I love current music as well, just not really what is heard on the radio these days.

Sorry to say, you'll likely be disappointed. We've noticed music by the pool is slightly more rock. You may hear occasional "hard rock" in the hotel itself, but you also hear boy bands, Madonna, and other pop stuff.

Sorry to say, you'll likely be disappointed. We've noticed music by the pool is slightly more rock. You may hear occasional "hard rock" in the hotel itself, but you also hear boy bands, Madonna, and other pop stuff.

Agreed. I don't think I heard any of the bands named in the first post, it was mostly new pop I've never heard of.

Thanks. Pretty much expect that. Not a deal breaker, but I was curious.

Seems like it depends when you stay. I visited the first week of May and in October. The May visit was classic rock, while October had the Pop music. Maybe the difference was the perceived age of guests at each time.

Anything from Tom Petty to the Beastie Boys, lots of classics and some newer stuff is thrown in as well, really not a bad tune I’ve ever heard while staying! Oh Prince and Madonna and Kiss and you get the point.........

It’s an awesome vibe!

I thought that was a trick question.... Rock and roll.
They play music videos (similar to original mtv,vh1) on all bigscreens around the hotel and on an in room channel.
I was sitting around the clubroom and compiled this sample playlist (I might have missed a few):

Mumford & sons I Will Wait
Meatloaf bat out of hell
Izzy bizu Adam and Eve
Pj Morton. Only one
Blue oyster cult I'm burning for you
Neil young old man
Bruno Mars grenade
Bingo players knock you out
Justin Timberlake suit and tie
Ed Sheeran. Photograph
Gold fields dark again
Bullet for your Valentine
Go-go's our lips are sealed
Every Rose has its Thorn
Brooke Valentine forever
Justin Bieber
Hosier someone new
Ariane grande right there
Arcade fire. You already know
Lykki Lee gunshot
Alex gaudino what a feeling
Ellie Goulding figure 8
Julian Lennon too late for goodbyes
Sultans of swing dire straits
Culture club karma chameleon

Enjoy!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter