• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What kind of bag do you bring?

I use a Vera Bradley Mickey Mouse Icon Shoulder Bag. I have tried several types of bags, and I like the size of this one because it holds a water bottle, light sweater, phone, and wallet. I don't have to take it off for most rides like a backpack.

We can take the bags on most rides, right?
Yes -- most rides have enough space for you to keep your bag with you on the seat. Other rides provide a pouch in front of your seat or under your seat to hold your bags. For rides where your bag might not fit in the pouch (e.g. BTMRR, IC, Space Mt., etc.), put the bag between your legs with one leg through the shoulder strap -- that way the bag cannot fly out of the vehicle. Easy!
ETA: For the Swings, there are several plastic chests located around the outside perimeter of the ride area where you can place backpacks and larger bags. The chests close to keep your bags safe while you ride. For Soarin', there are marked rectangles up front by the railing where you can place your larger bags (which don't fit under your seat) while you ride.

Last edited:
I bring the backpack with all the major things we need (food, drink, change of diapers etc)...and the wife brings a small purse thing that contains things like pennies for the press and autograph book etc.

How I long for the return of the fanny pack! I just can't bring myself to wear one and so I salute you!!!!!

They're super popular now (thanks hipsters!)
I teach high school and for the confident hipster kiddos, they wear then.

DH says just gifted a loud mickey one he is super excited to wear for our trip in April. If you can get away with it anywhere, it's Disney.

I was planning on taking my hunter backpack with me but now I am second guessing myself. It’s will just be my 8yr old and I.

Attachments

• C5F56648-FDC0-40B0-8AC8-89D173421117.jpeg
    C5F56648-FDC0-40B0-8AC8-89D173421117.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 6

They're super popular now (thanks hipsters!)
I teach high school and for the confident hipster kiddos, they wear then.

Hipster kiddo is about as far from my demographic as you can get. The only 'hip' thing about me is the size of mine! (another reason not to clamp something heavy around your waist!

DH says just gifted a loud mickey one he is super excited to wear for our trip in April. If you can get away with it anywhere, it's Disney.

Hmmm, maybe that's the ticket! Get a loud, raucous one, strap it on and wear a "Yeah, it's a fanny pack, what's it to ya??!!" expression.

And I agree, there are so many things all of us do 'only at Disney'!

Now if we can just convince Dooney to do a Disney fanny pack. That I'd wear in a heartbeat!!!

I have a wristlet that I can also wear as a crossbody. I make my husband bring a small backpack. :tongue:

Small cross body bag from Pacsafe. I stick a large ziploc packed with my child’s change of clothes, sunblock and snacks in stroller basket.

Now that my kids are older and I don't need to carry as much, I use this one at Disneyland https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-convertible-hip-pack-walt-disney-world-400021007192.html ...it can be used as a purse as well. When the kids were little (and I refused to ever use a stroller, hate those things with a passion, but I totally get at this point with how difficult it is to get in and out of Disneyland even if you are staying across the street it's almost a necessity) I had a really ginormous waist pack, also needed to be bigger back then for cameras of course! I have a bright orange now one I usually use for fun day excursions, it wraps and lays better around the hips but it has a few more pockets for security to go through than the Disney one. One of my kids has a belt that they just add several different pockets to -there are various pockets plus type ones as well as a lot of small bags have loops. It's so great not only to be able to have everything right there for easy access and not worry about things flopping around as you move but also being able to just hop right on a ride and not have to worry about where to store your bag or possibly forgetting it!

I actually am modifying and decorating a backpack for when I build a droid in April... so that's the only time I'll have a full bag with me.

Super fun being all craft though.

I have a Dakine Women's Mission Backpack 25L -- it's my standard travel backpack and great for wearing for an extended amount of time.

it really depends on what I'm wearing, but I love my Loungefly backpacks. Sometimes I'll do a crossbody bag. But, the Loungefly bags are just the right size for what I need.

Small backpack for each myself, DH and DS (6). We each carry our own water bottles. I use a fanny pack too to have my wallet and phone easily accessible. DH and I carry our sweatshirts/jackets, extra backup batteries, snacks. DS will carry his autograph book and sweatshirt.

I have played with this over the years, and I like my cinch bag the best so far. Before that I always brought a larger crossbody that could hold more stuff but when there is just 2 of us we ended up not using or needing any of it. Last year we tried bringing in the one shoulder bags to hold water but I didn't like how it felt having it on rides. My cinch bag really worked well so that's what I am using again this year.

Each of my daughters has a fannypack for her own water bottle and snacks, and I carry a small backpack for everything else.

Thanks for all the comments!! I am struggling to find the right bag for our upcoming trip. I used to use a backpack, however it was a pain to reach around all the time to grab items. I'm hoping to find a crossbody style for easier access.

Does anyone have recommendations for a LARGER size crossbody? For reference, I keep a big Trader Joe's sport-top water bottle on me, my iPhone 11 w/heavy case (just upgraded from my old iPhone 6 yesterday!!), a Canon G7X vlogging camera, bag of medications/band-aids/etc, big wallet, keys, sunscreen, small healthy snacks, etc.

It would nice to have space for a sweatshirt but I doubt I'll be able to do that with a crossbody, plus our hotel won't be TOO far away (past Candy Cane Inn). The other thing I like about backpacks is stashing away any new purchases, but the convenience of a cross-body and easily grabbing items may outweight this perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter