What is your summer looking like?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Assuming most states will be re opening up, how are you seeing your summer go?
We are hoping to spend lots of time at the beach. Luckily my parents have deeded access to the water where we can tool around on a canoe with a trolling motor and park it right on the beach even if they limit parking. Can also go fishing there as well. We also have a pool, so will be hanging there a lot too. We are basically planning on a low key family oriented summer spent with lots of time outdoors.

How are you envisioning your summer? I’m thinking it may be a difficult one for lots of parents with little ones depending on how businesses and daycares go. I have hear of summer camps being cancelled so that is hard for so many as well.

Texas is opening up gradually, but our city has already announced that all summer activities are cancelled, including the splash park, the 4th of July fireworks, and the September blues & BBQ festival, It's gonna be a dull summer in the backyard.

More of this. Maybe be we’ll get beaches and camping back over the summer, but for right now what we have is what we expect. All major events have been canceled including 4th of July festivities and all local fairs.

I’m hoping to do some hiking band camping. We’ll see. I’m still buying more stuff to make it easier staying home.

Our summer will probably pretty similar to how things are now. I'd love to get out of town to the beach or do some hiking, but not if it's going to be really crowded. With most things canceled or closed this summer I imagine the open beaches will be packed.

Texas is opening up gradually, but our city has already announced that all summer activities are cancelled, including the splash park, the 4th of July fireworks, and the September blues & BBQ festival, It's gonna be a dull summer in the backyard.
Every time I hear something else is cancelled it makes be bummed. 2020 needs a reboot!

In my area, June thru Aug/Labor Day means festivals, festivals and more festivals. Most are cancelled with a limited few postponed.
I think its going to be a Staycation Vacation every weekend.

I am hoping to get a few days at the coast. Right now all the state beach/parks the parking lots are closed, so in effect they are closed too. Hopefully by mid-summer (mid-end of July) this will change.

Well, we were going to Aulani in June, while it hasn't been cancelled yet, it isn't happening. I am hoping things improve somewhat and maybe take a trip up to Sleeping Bear Dunes or even Mackinac Island. If not that, maybe a day trip to the beach, but it is just going to have to be played day by day right now.

We had a once in a lifetime trip planned to go back to China. My girls were adopted from China at 10&12 months old. They are now 12&16. We were planning a 2 week heritage tour back to the homeland. I had saved and saved and this was going to be our final bucket list trip before my daughter goes off to college. I doubt we will make it back next summer as no one can predict a year from now. Our summer is going to be long and boring especially for my 12 yr old.

Very slow. Lots of gardening and some home improvement projects. We're getting a new roof and a new deck done. I'm hoping to do some painting and flooring work in the house. In July, we are getting two Ragdoll kittens (they're 3 weeks old tomorrow), so that will be some excitement.

Doing pretty much what I am doing now. Not looking forward too soon to be mingling with people or crowds.

We’re building a gazebo starting this weekend, so I will be working and relaxing out there much of the time. Also plan to replace my old bicycle so I can change up my daily routine from walking to some biking. I am finishing up an online class and may take one or two more, because this is the perfect time to do it and I’ll have that new gazebo... (We get pay upgrades for every 5 classes we have taken). I am somewhat considering visiting my sister in North Carolina. I’d have to fly. Haven’t decided yet.

We're heading to Tennessee and Alabama as soon as it is legal to do so, because I'm chomping at the bit to scout the area around the two plants DH will have to decide between if he takes the promotion he's been offered.

Other than that, I figure we'll stay closer to home. We're going camping in the U.P. at some point, to day hike a section of the North Country Trail, and if DH ends up laid off we're going to start doing some clearing on my family's land up north to prep for putting in first a permanent camp site and eventually a cabin/tiny home. We plan to do most of the work ourselves and the first steps are pure labor, clearing brush, taking down some small trees, and grading the steep/overgrown drive-in access, so getting a start if he's off for a while will be a bit of a silver lining to a lousy situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter