• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Is Your Restaurant Must-Do?

Shula's.

We go every September and stay at the Swan for a handful of nights for an event - and this is always the last place we eat at after that event. The rest of the week we typically stay somewhere else... but this is one of my highlights every time.

Our kids are CMs and we visit frequently, so we don't necessarily have must-dos. We certainly have favorites! Ours include:
Pecos Bill - for quick service in MK
Homecomin' -- some of the best food on property
Tusker House -- for the Character breakfast. We try to book a later breakfast and end up being there during the turnover to lunch (so you get to try a larger variety of foods)
Trails' End at Fort Wilderness -- excellent buffet
Flying Fish is a favorite for a fine dining night

Our kids are CMs and we visit frequently, so we don't necessarily have must-dos. We certainly have favorites! Ours include:
Pecos Bill - for quick service in MK
Homecomin' -- some of the best food on property
Tusker House -- for the Character breakfast. We try to book a later breakfast and end up being there during the turnover to lunch (so you get to try a larger variety of foods)
Trails' End at Fort Wilderness -- excellent buffet
Flying Fish is a favorite for a fine dining night

I could leave my husband alone there for a week... he'd never leave. I love it as well, but he could live there.

We also like to try new places but there are many that we eat at every time.
Ohana dinner
Boma Breakfast
Sanaa - lunch or dinner
and also
Kona Breakfast

Nomad lounge, outside on the patio <3 It really is the nicest spot. I order a couple small plates and a drink and relax. It doesn't even feel like you're in a theme park.

Agreed! We like to meet up with friends here and just unwind from a long day. It's amazing how quiet it can be over there!

Must Do List (if you never have)

Cinderella's Castle
California Grill (during fireworks)
Epcot Mexico - San Angel Inn

Biergarten
Boma
Tangierine Cafe

Yup, those are our three "must-dos" too. One year we went to Jiko for dinner so didn't book Boma, thinking how many times do we want to eat at AKL? Well... we canceled our last ADR for the trip and booked Boma. We just love it!

50s Prime Time for gluten-free fried chicken and gluten-free s'mores!!! It is one of the only times I get to eat exactly what I want despite my allergies!
Morimoto Asia
Tiffins

Cape May
'Ohana
The Wave breakfast buffet

Just ate at these 2 weeks ago -
3 of our favorites, but have a few more also.

I am gluten free but the rest of the family is normal..... lol ..... Narcoossee's, BOG, Raglan Road, Yak and Yeti (lunch), 50s Prime Time (lunch), Yachtsman, Ohana (Breakfast), LeCellier, San Angel Inn (Lunch), Chef de France (Lunch-mac and cheese)

We really love Nine Dragons for the Honey Sesame Chicken, Chicken Potstickers, and Caramel Ginger Ice Cream.
I enjoy the Biryani at Sanaa as well as the fresh naan bread. I'd say most anything on their menu is good, their samosas or curries (they call them stews).
We like to have pizza at Via Napoli.
I also enjoy Chefs de France for their French Onion Soup and fresh bread great atmosphere, love the warm lighting and café feel.

A must do - but this is for DVC folks only (sorry, I don't know if they serve it anywhere else), is the 7 Layer Cake at Top of the World Lounge - it is insanely good, definitely big enough for two people to share. I had read about how good it was, so we happened to be at TOTWL and I ordered it just based on hearing about it, and boy were they right, it certainly exceeded my expectations :cloud9:. We were in a group of 4 and we demolished it.

For special occasions, Artist Point or Jiko.

Whatever we didn't do on previous visits. I have not yet begun to "fight" ... I mean try all the WDW restaurants.

Our only "must do" every time is Scifi Dine in. We like the theme and the scifi movie clips, plus the air conditioning.

Other places we like are:

Tangerine Cafe
Boma
Wulfgang Puck Express
Wave (breakfast buffet--only if staying at Bay Lake Tower)
Victoria and Alberts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter