• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your preferred vacation length?

lifesavacation

DIS Veteran
Wondering what everyone's ideal vacation length is?

Maybe also include your citizenship.

My husband tends to max out after 10-12 days and starts to want to get home. So we rarely vacation longer than 14 days. I would love to take an extended trip for 30 days or more. I'm in the US.

Depends where to. If we fly a long way, it has to be 10-14 nights.
Short flight 7-9 days
If we drive it is usually 3-7 days.

I have done 3 1/2 weeks.....it was too long for me.

Wondering what everyone's ideal vacation length is?

Maybe also include your citizenship.

My husband tends to max out after 10-12 days and starts to want to get home. So we rarely vacation longer than 14 days. I would love to take an extended trip for 30 days or more. I'm in the US.
Well, it depends on the vacation. For cruises around 25-30 days is my max. In our RV we've done up to 4 months. If it's just a "short trip" (like to my sisters for a visit) I like 5 -7 days.

We're in the US. My son maxes out at 2 weeks, my husband maxes out by day 18. I have yet to max out. I'm trying to talk everyone into a summer long road trip to finish our quest of 50 states because they both don't like the idea of a year long world travel.

I'm in the US and it depends on where I'm going. Within US, a week and 2+ weeks for international trips. I don't have enough PTO to go to Japan for a month but I would love to do that.

Someone I went to college with went to Italy for 6 weeks this year and I was like, take me with you!

About 2 weeks is great to completely disconnect from real life. I haven't had the opportunity to do anything longer yet, but I'm not sure I'd want to leave my dogs for much longer anyway. One week doesn't feel long enough anymore.

We used to do 2 weeks when I was a kid and that was nice. As an adult I’ve only done as long as 12 days. I liked that a lot. We often do 5-7 and that feels too short.

I'm in the US. When we go to WDW, it's usually for six or seven days, which is perfect. Enough time to see everything we want to see without running madly from place to place, and having time to relax. Since it's not our first trip there, we don't need more time.

Anywhere else...I guess that's seven days max, too. After a week, I start to get antsy and wanting to go home.

A week to 10 days, depending on the length of travel to the destination (I'm in the US). If it's less than 4-5 hours travel time, a week is fine. 5-10 hours travelling, I'd prefer at least 10 days.

This spring, we'll be taking our longest vacation ever - 16 days to Africa on safari. Add on travel time and we'll be gone 18 days.

From the US. Three weeks in Mexico is our sweet spot. Europe is best for three to four weeks. WDW about 10 days. We found a week at DL too long. Haha. Getting on the Magic next week for 14 glorious days!

From the US.

Nine days has been my max for two reasons. One, I don’t like being out of the office any longer than that and two, taking smaller trips allows me to go more often during a given year.

Maybe if I retire I’ll want to travel longer. I love it and have never tired of traveling itself.

Our vacations are usually 1 week long. Matches the amount of vacation time to be away from the office along with living out of a suitcase. Especially with Disney that can involve MILES of walking in the parks with tons of other people and hot weather, longer seems like way too much time to be there.

I tend to like shorter trips. Usually 3 to 4 nights. I can't be away from my cat longer than that! I do have 5 nights in LA coming up later this week!

Depends where we go.
Hawaii - min. 7 nights
Florida (WDW) - min 10 nights
Europe - min 14 nights.

US here. We did Disney last summer for 10 days. That was the longest ever. Next summer is booked, 7 days.

When we travel to Hawaii we always go for 3 weeks, 10 1/2-11 hour flight out there, but 9 1|2 back.

Shorts trips 4 days.

All of my vacations are camping related so I generally go out 4 to 6 weeks at a time. I'm usually ready to get home by the 6th week. Of course I'm ready to get back out almost immediately after getting back home but that's another battle.

From the east coast USA, I did a month in Europe after university graduation back in 1988. As a family we’ve done 10 days to 2 weeks in Hawaii. That flight is so long that we won’t go for any shorter than 10 days. In 2019 we had a 2 week combo adventure in London and South Africa for safari. This past July, I was in San Diego for 3 weeks helping my recently widowed dad. It wasn’t really a vacation, but I was away from home and my regular life.

Right when the WDW ticket structure changed, I bought two of the last remaining 7 day park hoppers that don’t have a yearly expiration date. DH and I are eventually going to do a leisurely 2 week trip to WDW and hit the parks every other day. On the off days, we’ll use the water park entries left on our old set of 10 day non expiring tickets. Now I just need to convince DH to take the 2 weeks off!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter