What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I didn't read 109 pages.

My opinion: the UK consists of ONE country. England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are NOT separate countries.

Going to the Soda Fountain Sunday after church and getting a milk shake with my dad.

Crush soda, RC colas and moon pies, circus peanuts, Breyers icecream lasagna, roastbeef sandwiches at RAX.

Some sort of ice cream sundae. I grew up going to Fenton's Creamery in Oakland, California where as a family we would often share a Banana Special. It used to be massive - I believe it was close to a half gallon back when I was a kid, although now it seems to have gotten smaller. But if we weren't going that far, I liked the strawberry shortcake sundae at Baskin-Robbins. It was shortcake at the bottom, a scoop of ice cream, and a topping. I'd usually ask for a large shot of whipped cream that would be about a quarter extra.

My 6th grade teacher told me that I would never amount to anything. Not because she was trying to inspire me to apply myself, she said something along the lines of, "I've been teaching a long time and I've seen kids like you. They didn't amount to anything and neither will you." Thanks, Mrs. C.

She didn't know it at the time but I was going through some pretty horrific abuse at home, I was abused in every sense of the word. It's one of those things I look back on and get really angry about, I was showing so many red flags to the people around me because I was keeping all these dangerous secrets that I was too afraid to tell, and somehow no one thought anything of it? I was just a kid! Thank God we have social workers in the schools now!

In elementary school the PE teacher, whose turn it was to decorate the bulletin board in the cafeteria that month, made it a "blacklist" of all the kids who sucked at PE, and my name was on it.

She literally used a black background and had the words "Physical Education Blacklist" at the top of it, with a list of names below. Her meaning was very clear, because all of us on the list were the dorky kids who were not good at sports.
Where in the world was administration? That was a horrible thing to do. She should have lost her job.

My name is Marybet not Marybeth, my 5th grade teacher told me she thought by 5th grade I would know how to spell my own name. My mother had to call her and ask if she needed to send her my birth certificate. Teacher said no but it's a stupid name, I did not do well in her class, and think I had an uphill battle with my other teachers because she told them all that I was stupid. I still remember the shocked look on my 7th grade teacher's face when we all did IQ tests, I didn't know what mine was until I got my high school transcripts, it's 127. NO idea how this got on this thread.

Last edited:
Nearest business is our favorite taproom, so I'd be happy to work there! They temporarily closed due to Covid and haven't been able to reopen due to employee shortages, so I've considered putting in an application to draw beers a couple of nights a week already!

McDonalds was also a treat.
McDonalds was about a twice-a-year treat for us, and we loved it.
... we were allowed one small glass of Coke ...
Yes, we never had Coke at home -- maybe a 2-liter for someone's birthday. So it was a big treat for us.

Our treats:
- Homemade cinnamon rolls
- Homemade popsicles
- Pop tarts ... only very occasionally

chocolate wafer ice box cake

Ice box cookie cake is a FAVORITE in my family and often requested as my birthday cake! Also, root beer popsicles are my favorite, with lemon a close second.

Treats? TV dinners, for sure. Also "canned" stuff. My dad used to take us to the grocery store and let us choose... we could have a frozen dinner or something like Chef Boy-ar-Dee pasta or Dinty Moore beef stew. I always went with the TV dinner, usually fried chicken or macaroni and cheese.

Other treats? Fizzies, Push-ups, Funny Bones, JiffyPop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter