What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

Our finished basement has a wall panel that you can't see unless you know where to look. When you tap on it, it swings open and reveals an old hi-fi with a couple of stacks of 45s from the fifties and sixties. My late uncle's father built the house I live in, and this was one of his little touches.

The wall that would usually be empty, beside my linen closet in my master bath, has an 18 in louvered door. Inside is 3 inch deep shelving for medicines, extra soap, shampoo, etc. full door height.

We have two kitchens.
My husband's ex boss (owner of the company) has two kitchen. The one that was seen had an antique looking stove, though it wasn't antique. It was very expensive, like $20,000 I think. There was a kitchen behind the kitchen where all the actual cooking, prep and cleaning was done. They wanted a kitchen for show and wanted a kitchen that did all the work.

We have three kitchens at the moment. Main house kitchen, a kitchen in the in-law suite and a kitchen in the basement. Basement was a fully finished basement that we turned into an apartment for my son, he's been there since the very beginning of Covid, and (fingers crossed) moving out at the end of September when his new house is finished. At that point I think the 3rd kitchen in the basement will be returned to it's former glory as a bar area in a plain old finished basement...

We have a bathroom in the basement that is officially listed as a 3/4 bath. It has a shower and a toilet but no sink.

There is also this weird meter thing built in to the side of the house that seemingly has no purpose. The town says it's not for the water and the electrical meter is on the other side of the house. It's about a foot long and half an inch tall. We can't figure out what, if anything it's connected to. The vinyl siding was cut to keep it revealed so we can't remove it.

We have a bathroom in the basement that is officially listed as a 3/4 bath. It has a shower and a toilet but no sink.

There is also this weird meter thing built in to the side of the house that seemingly has no purpose. The town says it's not for the water and the electrical meter is on the other side of the house. It's about a foot long and half an inch tall. We can't figure out what, if anything it's connected to. The vinyl siding was cut to keep it revealed so we can't remove it.
Do you wash your hands in the shower? I looked at a condo with a bathroom like this before purchasing my current condo. I immediately started researching those sinks that go on the back of a toilet, like they have on boats. I couldn’t stand the idea of not having a sink near every toilet.

I have my great-aunt’s wedding China. Not sure how unique that is. We take it out every few years for a tea party.

I have a novelty giant pencil on my desk. Was useful for dialing the phone when I worked in the office as the phone was behind my monitor. Now, it’s Just for show.

Internships. I got college credit, but I was paying for the credit, so I was really paying to work, not working unpaid. Did them for three of the four years I was in College, so three years worth of free labor.
At least in California, Internships have fallen out of favor because the state has really cracked down and in most cases Interns have to be paid, and companies don't want to pay.

Volunteer work? Yes - basically for my whole life and I don't see a time coming where I won't be involved in one cause or another. Volunteerism is vital to the well-being of our communities. It's also a strong North American ethos that we do for ourselves and one another - not wait around for government to do for us. Quite different from Europe, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter