What is your OOP limit for a Disney Vacation?

I can't figure out your pricing. From NYC. Air fair is like 320 and five day tickets are like 380 that $ 700 with out any thing else CS is $1000 per person so at $1700 with out food any anything else. Gas to airport parking PP
We only are two so if we had kids the room PP will be lower. But still !! We don't eat that much especially in the heat of the summer. But food has to cost a few hundred
The more people you have in the room the lower your per person average will be. This is especially true for families with kids. I agree that your average is high, especially since you haven't even factored in hotel cost. You are two adults that fly, increasing the cost. It could be worse, you could be an adult traveling alone, then your per person average would really be high!

We don't have a hard upper limit, and are DVC members. We just calculate out how much a Sunday-Sunday trip with at least 5 or 6 park days will cost. Our food budget for the week is the same as if we bought the dining plan (so 60/pp/day). I'll set enough aside each month to get to that number and then we'll spend from that budget. Over-budgeting for meals means we A) eat wherever and whatever B) usually have money left over at the end.

Things like souvenirs etc, I don't include in that budget since they aren't in the required travel/food/lodging category. Some years I'll spend $25, some years $125. But I'm not going to go home with a ruby-encrusted Mickey statue ;)

Pricing 2 weeks in Disney for next summer I am looking at $11k and about to have a heart attack! We did 8days last fall for
5228. That was 653/per day.
Pricing out my food bill for 2 weeks with a family of 5 next summer is like 3500 without tips. I think I am doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Pricing 2 weeks in Disney for nect summer I am looking at $11k and about to have a heart attack! We did 8days last fall for
5228. That was 653/per day.
Pricing out my food bill for 2 weeks with a family of 5 next summer is like 3500 without tips. I think I am doing something wrong.

You're not doing something wrong...but if you are eating out all your meals and only on Disney property, Disney has jacked the prices up so much that you will pay an arm and a leg for that privilege.

If you want to have a cheaper vacation (especially with meals), you'll want to figure out how to adjust that down through a. eating meals in your room/cooking at an offsite location, b. eating meals at offsite restaurants, and/or c. eating meals the cheapest way at onsite places.

If I were you and looking for a cheap way to do a 2 week vacation for 5 in the summer, I would look for an offsite condo for 5 (and give it a high number, like $850/week for $1700), groceries for breakfast/dinner/snacks ($300), tickets ($2200 - this is the killer cost), parking ($240 for 12 days at parks) and 1 onsite CS meal per day ($70 day or $980 for 2 weeks). That gives you a total cost of approx $5400ish before you figure in travel costs (which are cheapest if you drive)...less than 1/2 of what Disney is looking to charge you...

You're not doing something wrong...but if you are eating out all your meals and only on Disney property, Disney has jacked the prices up so much that you will pay an arm and a leg for that privilege.

If you want to have a cheaper vacation (especially with meals), you'll want to figure out how to adjust that down through a. eating meals in your room/cooking at an offsite location, b. eating meals at offsite restaurants, and/or c. eating meals the cheapest way at onsite places.

If I were you and looking for a cheap way to do a 2 week vacation for 5 in the summer, I would look for an offsite condo for 5 (and give it a high number, like $850/week for $1700), groceries for breakfast/dinner/snacks ($300), tickets ($2200 - this is the killer cost), parking ($240 for 12 days at parks) and 1 onsite CS meal per day ($70 day or $980 for 2 weeks). That gives you a total cost of approx $5400ish before you figure in travel costs (which are cheapest if you drive)...less than 1/2 of what Disney is looking to charge you...
Thanks! We are driving and looking at renting DVC points.
We are having extended family join mid way and all want to stay on site.

Unfortunately my family likes to eat out for our meals on vacation and average 2 fulls meals a day.
I am not looking to do it 'cheap' as I look to get the best value.

We will have to just swallow the Disney prices since that is where we want to be.
Priced out a similar trip to Universal for a week and it was more than double

Thanks! We are driving and looking at renting DVC points.
We are having extended family join mid way and all want to stay on site.

Unfortunately my family likes to eat out for our meals on vacation and average 2 fulls meals a day.
I am not looking to do it 'cheap' as I look to get the best value.

We will have to just swallow the Disney prices since that is where we want to be.
Priced out a similar trip to Universal for a week and it was more than double

Not sure how Universal could be double - annual passes are under $335, so tickets would actually be a minimum of $500 cheaper than Disney (and parking would be free)...and APs usually get you nice discounts at onsite rooms and discounts at onsite meals (or you could stay with the DVC plan)...

Not sure how Universal could be double - annual passes are under $335, so tickets would actually be a minimum of $500 cheaper than Disney (and parking would be free)...and APs usually get you nice discounts at onsite rooms and discounts at onsite meals (or you could stay with the DVC plan)...
Maybe I went about it the wrong way but when I priced the 3-4day park to park ticket with universal it was 1179.95 for just the 4 days.
Didn't look at AP prices but the fact that you couldn't get 7-10day tickets like at WDW did discourage me bit maybe I will reprice with APs

Maybe I went about it the wrong way but when I priced the 3-4day park to park ticket with universal it was 1179.95 for just the 4 days.
Didn't look at AP prices but the fact that you couldn't get 7-10day tickets like at WDW did discourage me bit maybe I will reprice with APs

If you are gonna go for more than 2 days, APs are always the way to go...if you can get away with Power Passes and 1 regular AP, you're saving even more, but the Power Passes do have Blackout dates for 1 park in summer...

About $1,000 a person. That includes tickets, lodging, transportation, meals.

Ours was $5,000 for 3 adults and we hit it last year, so we're not going until I finish school and get a good job. Then we can see if it's justified to increase that limit, but I'm betting probably not for a looooong time.

We are in early phases of plannkng out first "big" disney trip for my son (doing a two day trip in may and doing a big trip in 2019). We are planning on about $6k for two adults, one child for a week including food and souvenirs (not incl airfare) hoping we can make t work.

We all have our ways to save and our preferences for where to stay, but we all have one thing in common - we all have finite budgets and we set limits on what we are willing to spend on a vacation.

Honestly, I guess I don't agree on the premise. We don't have a finite budget when we go. We have been there often enough to know what a good deal is, and we take it. Sometimes with DDP, sometimes not. All levels of resort, sometimes offsite (though we haven't done that in many years.) Sometimes fly, sometimes drive. Many variables go into it, There's always a rough idea of how much it's going to cost, but we don't look at it in terms of a precise budget. We're going to WDW, it will be thousands, as long as we're getting a good deal for the resort.

Around $1000pp seems to be my tipping point for WDW. When trips for the 5 of us started inching up over $5000 for a "normal" (not especially long or luxe) trip was when I started looking to other destinations more often. But I'll fully admit that the frequency of our trips plays into it; I would be willing to spend more on that to go somewhere for the first time, but not so much to go back to a place we've been a dozen times. So for DLR or DCL, I don't really have a number in mind and when the time opens up for us to go I'll make the budget work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter