What is your never-done-must-do for your next trip?

I've never seen a Disney cat - would like to do that but it's kinda out of our powers!

You can often see them by GRR early in the morning or occasionally I've seen them while riding the train, again earlier in the day. Good luck!

In all honesty, since my next planned trip will be November 2019, I'm going to have to say SWL:GE. But, assuming the spirit of this thread is things that already are open that I always seem to miss, I would love to try the character breakfast at GCH, ride on a Main Street vehicle, and partake of a turkey leg...yes, it's true, I've never tried the incredibly salty turkey leg and I feel like I need to or I'll have my Disney fan card revoked.

I've never done any of the Main Street vehicles. I think it would be nice to take time to do that. And stay at the Grand once. I think that would be a great treat for a special event.

Canoes and Fantasmic. DH and I saw Fantasmic a couple years ago, but the kids have never seen it. The older boys have been to DL 7 times... and still haven't seen it. It used to be the late night that was a problem, now the logistics of finding a decent spot have scared us away. We are making one last trip in July and I need to figure out how to make it work. Preferably without spending hundreds of dollars on a meal my kids won't eat. I wish they would just sell a good spot without tying it to an expensive meal.

Last summer our must-do never-dones were WoC and Fantastic. This summer Tom Sawyer Island and the Frozen show.

We have never done any of the Rivers of America boats or Tom Sawyer Island. I’m curious what the wait times like these are during the day? Our next trip will fall on Thanksgiving weekend and into the next week. I’m wondering if these are good activities on the busier days? Or do they get really busy when the parks are crazy?

We're doing the afternoon tea the BB F! package this next trip - we've never done either of those. I've actually never set foot in any of the on-site hotels, either - we're going to be going into the DLH and PP this time.

I'd love to see a DL cat!

GRR, Splash Mountain, and Carthay Circle. All three are on the schedule for next month. I've been avoiding water rides for a long time. I'm hoping our plan to ride them at the end of the night will work out. If we get soaked we'll be going back to the hotel soon anyway. If not, it'll be a more comfortable walk back to the hotel.

We'd love to see a cat, too.

Hoping to ride RSR at night! Also, have never done the canoes, so will try that as well. Do they still have the rafts to take you across to Tom Sawyer's island as well? May try that too. 87 days!✨

in DCA - we all want to visit cars land, and eat at cozy cone. (when we were there in 2012 they were still working on carsland)
in DL - want to take my kids on haunted mansion. i have been on previous trips, but the kids have not. ( when we took the kids in 2012 it was down for the NBC overlay removal. ) and we want to visit poohs corner and try a tigger tail.

Sigh... On my bucket list is Club 33, of course, but that isn't going to happen any time soon; certainly not our next visit, which is only 14 days and 12 hours away!

On a more realistic scale, I'm looking forward to trying beignets (spelling??), and meeting some "muffins" (people who watch Fresh Baked Disney on youtube). We're going to try to get my grandson up to the wheelhouse (a first for me too!), and into the nose of the monorail (hubs and I did this for the first time last summer).

And, as already noted, PIXAR PIER! Grandson is just barely tall enough (49in in his shoes) for Incredicoaster, and I adore all things Pixar, so it's a must-do!

EVERYTHING! We missed so many things during our whirlwind first trip with kids (four of them no less!) last year. We spent only 1 miserable, crowded, chaotic day at DL and 2 wonderful, idyllic days at DCA. We barely did anything at DL. I remember Pirates being my favorite as a kid and we missed that so it's a for sure. Space Mountain, Star Tours, Indy, etc. We're hoping to book WOC dessert party if it re-opens in time. Open Toon Town with my 2 year old and have him meet Mickey.

This is such a great thread! And reminded me of some things to add to my list for September!

Obviously #1 is Club 33...probably never going to happen, but one can dream. As far as attractions, the only one I've never ridden is Micky's Wheel of Death, and that's just not going to happen...so we can move on... :-) I'd love to do the Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour, but It's not in the budget this trip. I'd also love to ride in the Lilly Belle.

Things we might do this trip: Top of the Ominbus. I've never actually taken any of the Main Street Transportation! Pilot house on the Mark Twain, Nose of the Monorail, and I've never had a turkey leg, so I think I'll add that to my list!

We did the canoes on our last visit, and it was so much fun!!

Fantasmic! I can’t believe I’ve never seen it! But I have a BB F! Dinner booked. Also:

Silly symphony swings
GOTG
Frozen show
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, for my daughter not me

All of this Happening in August

Canoes are on my must-do list for our next trip! The rivers were closed on our last two trips and the one before that (and the first one after I found out they existed) it was December and they weren't running.

We have never done any of the Rivers of America boats or Tom Sawyer Island. I’m curious what the wait times like these are during the day? Our next trip will fall on Thanksgiving weekend and into the next week. I’m wondering if these are good activities on the busier days? Or do they get really busy when the parks are crazy?
Wait times are minimal. Its gemerally never waiting for other people in line, per se, its waiting for the water craft to return to the dock so that you may load. They run the rafts to Tom Sawyers Island pretty continually once the open the island. The Mark Twain and Columbia have a clock at the dock that will show you when the next boat departs. The canoes, when running, leave on a regular basis, and rarely have a line longer than a full canoe.

We haven't been in four years! So we have not yet seen Paint the Night, or the Frozen show or the new Fantasmic! This trip will be all about shows :)

great thread...glad to read that everyone has listen to Abe Lincoln and seen the flag lowering at Main Street hub...I will use this thread of evidence that Patriotism is still alive

Sigh... On my bucket list is Club 33, of course, but that isn't going to happen any time soon; certainly not our next visit, which is only 14 days and 12 hours away!

On a more realistic scale, I'm looking forward to trying beignets (spelling??), and meeting some "muffins" (people who watch Fresh Baked Disney on youtube). We're going to try to get my grandson up to the wheelhouse (a first for me too!), and into the nose of the monorail (hubs and I did this for the first time last summer).

And, as already noted, PIXAR PIER! Grandson is just barely tall enough (49in in his shoes) for Incredicoaster, and I adore all things Pixar, so it's a must-do!
Fellow muffin here!

Love this thread!!! We are going on November for our first ever Christmas trip and that is a big bucket list item I can cross off. I want get photos with Santa (both if i can), see the tree lighting, visit the Silhouette Store, and do a character meal. This is by no means my entire bucket list but the things I want to for sure do in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter