• 46,000-60,000

• 61,000 - 75,000

• 76,000 - 90,000

• 91,000 - 115,000

• 116,000-150,000

• 151,000-200,000

• Over $200,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am just south of Charlotte, NC. The median income for out town is $96,400 and the average home price is $407,000. With only one of us working we make a little below that. With both of us working, we make above that.

Dawn

First year teacher with bachelor's ~ $35,000

My salary for six years experience with doctorate credit ~ $42,000

Teachers in Florida are pretty much paid around that much all over the state. However the average home price is South Fla is $250,000 while in my area it's closer to $145,000. We do much better in my little rural area.

Here in Orlando you would be struggling at $40,000 and under. $40,000-$80,000 you would be able to do ok (rent something low end/condo or townhome high end) and $100,000 and over you could get a nice house/some extras. We find it as expensive as MA here with much lower salaries even for professional positions (which are very hard to come by.)

The northeast is just expensive. I remember when Kerry was running for president, everyone I knew at our PTA, kids sports, was freaking out because he wanted to raise (by raise I mean kill) the tax on the "wealthiest 1%"

according to Kerry, those that make over 200,000. Well, where I live that is NOT rich. That is a 2 income family or a family with a husband that has a "good" job. I'm telling you I would bump into people at school or the grocery store and they would say "Can you believe how much Kerry wants to tax people like us?" People were going crazy. Bush/Cheney signs were everywhere-LOL.

My taxes are almost 6,000 for a 4 bedroom home on 1/4 of an acre. Average houses around here are 400,000-600,000 I guess. Of course, some cheaper, some more expensive. Can you believe we moved here because it was a lot cheaper than NJ? :lmao:

I pay real estate taxes of $800 . . . on my PARKING SPACE. Yes the very same one that cost more than $30,000 so I can park my car.

Currently I am refraining from looking at what my taxes are on the condo.

Around here I would think you would struggle making under $80,000 a year and need to make more than $150,000 to be pretty comfortable.

So what would a meager, average, and great income be where you are?

What is it like where you live?

They just did a story on this where I live.

Median income for Seattle is $54,500. Great income is Bill Gates & Co.

Median houses are $475,000 and condos $345,000.

What is now considered middle class affordable neighborhoods were considered meager and slums when I was growing up.

While housing prices are going down nationwide ours went up over 9% last year. It is just nuts.

Glad I have a huge equity but I can't afford to move.:sad2:

Linda

I live in North MS. WOO HOO :lmao: ! People here probably average an income of around 30000. 30000 would be considered great. I make more than twice that because I have a highly sought after degree for this area. Our home is over 3000 sq feet and includes a cottage attached with living/kitchen area and large bath with garden tub. We have over an acre of land. Our home was stated to be worth right at 180,000. Our taxes on that home for county and city are about 1500. Yes, the cost of living is a big factor in all the salary's. When I lived in Louisiana, my tag for a brand new car was 40 and here it would be 700!

The median family income for where I live is $39,306. Not sure what this year's income is since I took a year off with the DD's and to get my Billing and Coding Certificate. For 2006, our total income was right at $50,000. I guess we're in pretty decent shape financilly. Our home (well, singlewide mobile home) is paid for, we have a 1996 Chevy Blazer that's pd for and a 80 GMS truck that's paid for. Our only bills are electric, water, insurance, taxes etc other than a loan of $4200 we pay $147 a month on. Our car needed some repairs and we went ahead and paid off a $1200 credit card bill and what we owed on the Blazer. We can pay that off hopefully with our income taxes next year. So for now, we're good. But DH needs a newer truck because his is on its last legs and we plan on buying a home in the next 2 or 3years because we have no space.

A good majority of people around here work blue collar jobs, and our biggest town is tiny, so not alot of job opportunities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter