What is your hometown

I never remember that. I tend to think of Cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, The Declaration of Independence and being the cradle of Liberty among other things first.

How could you forgot that.

I was too young to be aware of it when it happened.

2.jpg

50 years ago and it's still generally the first thing people think of when they think of Philadelphia fans. Most of today's fans weren't even alive for that incident. Well that and the battery incident (which was a few knuckleheads) & booing Donovan McNabb (which was the fault of hack radio host Angelo Cataldi and 30 'fans' he brought up to the draft). It's funny how some things stick with fan bases and other things don't (for example Chicago White Sox had 2 incidents of fans running on the field and attacking an umpire and then a 1st base coach, yet never hear of that). It is what it is. I like to focus on the positive.

50 years ago and it's still generally the first thing people think of when they think of Philadelphia fans. Most of today's fans weren't even alive for that incident. Well that and the battery incident (which was a few knuckleheads) & booing Donovan McNabb (which was the fault of hack radio host Angelo Cataldi and 30 'fans' he brought up to the draft). It's funny how some things stick with fan bases and other things don't (for example Chicago White Sox had 2 incidents of fans running on the field and attacking an umpire and then a 1st base coach, yet never hear of that). It is what it is. I like to focus on the positive.
Few people have the positive out look that I have, but throwing snow balls at Santa is hard to forget and hardly dwelling on the negative. I know a retired NFL ref, he said, that by far Philadelphia was the worst place to officiate a game.

Beaches, lighthouse, Al Capone's "playground."

My town I live in now is "The Horse Capital of the World."

Few people have the positive out look that I have, but throwing snow balls at Santa is hard to forget and hardly dwelling on the negative. I know a retired NFL ref, he said, that by far Philadelphia was the worst place to officiate a game.

Understand but most people don't understand the full context that the ownership would nickel and dime fans that entire season and all of a sudden a skinny kid in a raggedy Santa Claus outfit was brought on the field. It looked like another cheap effort by ownership and the fans let them know how they felt. Can't defend it b/c I wasn't born yet, but full story I understand a little more. And 1 retired NFL ref...ok. I've heard retired players say Boston is the most racist city ever. Do I think Boston is racist because of a few players? Absolutely not. I've been personally attacked at a visiting fan while in Atlanta. I choose to believe it was that group of Atlanta fans, not all Atlanta fans. Just depends on the individual perspective.

Town I grew up in: Track Town USA & Hippies
"People in Oregon don't tan - they rust" (Went to high school in your hometown)

My hometown has been known for roses, and now hipsters and donuts. Neighboring town where I've also lived is known for Nikes which were pioneered in Track Town USA.

Plus I think people attribute lots of people chucking snowballs at Santa to the whole fan base much more readily than a few people going after an ump which can be attributed to just a couple of bad apples.

People often seem to remember it as having concrete all around. A concrete jungle. And that the central area is almost always nearly empty, so a concrete jungle where nothing happens. :laughing: There is a neat, smallish amusement park here though and I like that.

Originally... some crazy teen that was a mistress and attempted to murder her Boyfriends wife.. after ringing her doorbell.
( thankfully she survived..) crazy!

Now... known as Paradise, and it is!

I had forgotten all about her and the incident, well attempted murder. And then Amy Schumer got married. And it was pointed out that she would never take his husband's name, as she would be Amy Fisher. Um no thanks. :rotfl:

Then Newly Wed, Nearly Dead and Garden Beds. Garden City and home to Professor Xaviers school for gifted children from the Xmen series.

Last edited:
The 500
In the last 10 years I would also add Butler Bulldogs - which is where I went, but about 25 years ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter