What is your Go-To place in Orlando for Disney Items outside of the bubble?

Mikeb1892

Mouseketeer
I'm interested in all kinds of different things like say a Boba-Fett Spoon Rest, or Mickey Hot Pads, or a Hulk Christmas Ornament, or a Grumpy coffee mug, or a Incredibles poster, just trying to avoid the Disney prices. We will have a vehicle so can travel wherever the best deals/selections are. Just need to know where to go!

Sometimex Publix has some souvenir items, although I don't think they have as much of a deep dive into souvenirs as what OP wants. I'm thinking postcards, t-shirts and maybe sunglasses. I heard once that they would say "Orlando" rather that "Disney World."

Walmart and target sell tshirts and some things but I don’t think you are going to find the variety you are looking for there. There are also the two outlet stores. I suspect it would be a full day of going to several places with no guarantee you’ll find what you want if you are looking for something specific.

Yeah, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to go to the outlets. Was hoping for more of a one stop shop kind of store...?
The Disney outlets are your best bet for random Disney stuff at lower prices than in the bubble. Of course, there’s no guarantee of what you’ll find there. Sometimes you’ll get a fantastic deal and some days you’ll strike out.

But that’s why things are more expensive in the bubble - you’re paying for guaranteed variety and the convenience of just walking in and buying what you want.

My mindset is that nothing is free - you pay with your money or you pay with your time. If you want one-stop shopping, that’s at WDW where prices are higher. If you want discount items, you invest more time in sourcing them.

Another option is to set your location to Orlando and go on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist and see what people are selling. Lots of CMs or local APs resell Disney stuff, sometimes used and sometimes new. But it’s easy and free to browse from your phone, and with your car you can go pick up something if you find a deal that interests you. Again, it’s more work than just walking into a store at Disney, but it can save you money and eliminates the randomness of the outlets.

I have had good luck at the Tourist Stop east on 192 that has the giant Orange and offers free sample of Florida O.J.
They did have some great refrigerator magnets including one with MM wearing a Covid mask …
Also the not Disney Gift Shop West on 192 just past Walt Mart attached to a Baskin Robbins Store is great with a huge selection .
But traffic is terrible with Wal Mart and new Starbucks…

I stopped at Walmart down in Kissimee (maybe 10 minutes from parks?) and they had amazing merchandise! I didn't buy any but I was impressed.

Honestly…the internet. If you want to buy Disney stuff outside WDW, go to the internet. Orlando is just a city like a million cities. Other than a Universal visit, I wouldn’t plan a WDW trip and spend any time outside the bubble in Orlando. Prime vacation time chasing junk in Orlando, no thanks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter