• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite time to visit?

We like going in December between Thanksgiving and Christmas break. Except for last year, it is typically fairly quiet. We went Sunday through Wednesday (Candlelight Processional weekend) and it was rated a 7 this year and previous years it was a 3 or 4.

Have to say just after Labor Day. Schools are in session (less crowds), weather is extremely beautiful, almost all the rides are up.

We like going in December between Thanksgiving and Christmas break. Except for last year, it is typically fairly quiet. We went Sunday through Wednesday (Candlelight Processional weekend) and it was rated a 7 this year and previous years it was a 3 or 4.
What is this rating system? Does it describe how crowded the park is? Where can I find the ranking for any given day? It sounds very useful!

We went in September for our first trip in February for our second trip. Now on our third trip we are going in late September again. We found the crowds much more manageable at that time . We also usually go on weekdays our upcoming trip in September will be the first time we visit the parks on a Sunday through Tuesday. The crowd tracking calendar that I use is on touringplans.com.

What is this rating system? Does it describe how crowded the park is? Where can I find the ranking for any given day? It sounds very useful!

Hi! The ratings come from the Touring Plans website. https://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/crowd-calendar#

Our favorite time is in early December because of the holiday decorations and cool weather. Refurbs are at a minimum but expect greater than normal crowds as "early December" has become the biggest known "secret". :rolleyes1

Call me crazy, but I like late June/early July. I love the extended hours, warm summer evenings, minimum closures/refurbs, and full evening entertainment schedule. We take a break in mid afternoon during the hottest part of the day. Crowds (except for recently) are manageable. Now the parks always seem to be crowded!

I also like spring during non spring break time, with its cooler weather, but the trade off is closures, shorter hours, and more limited evening entertainment on weekdays. The weather and smaller crowds do have their selling points, though.

I also think June is a good time to visit. July is busier than June, I think. The hours are usually 8AM to 12AM, minimal rides are closed (just big refurbs that last a year+), and the entertainment is every night. Earlier June is a little less crowded, but there are school groups and grad nights. Later June sees the beginnings of family vacations, but also the start to midweek blockouts for locals.

We’re going next year and my mom was trying to convince me to go right after Labor Day since my daughter will be out of school by then. I told her we should go one of the last two weeks of June. Yes, it’ll be a bit busier, but Disneyland is busy all the time now. I want the 8AM openings and no school crowds. I convinced her by reminding her that the Rivers of America are closed right now and are more likely to be opened by the end of June than the end of May.

Call me crazy, but I like late June/early July. I love the extended hours, warm summer evenings, minimum closures/refurbs, and full evening entertainment schedule. We take a break in mid afternoon during the hottest part of the day. Crowds (except for recently) are manageable. Now the parks always seem to be crowded!

I'm gonna AMEN you on this. We went a few weekdays on two different June trips, and then returned in November the week of Veteran's Day. That entire week was about as busy as the summer days, but with shorter hours. Is there really an off-season anymore?

I love to go in December, and see the Christmas decorations. In reality, anytime is a good time to go to Disneyland. We tend to go more in the non-summer time, due to avoiding the heat.

As a local anytime is a great time to visit Disneyland, however I do try to avoid visiting on an actual holiday or during spring break. Nevertheless my favorite time is when the Christmas decorations are out.

I like going the 3rd week of August. A lot of the USA schools are back in session but school up here is out until the day after Labour Day so the parks are a bit quieter. I found that Hallowe'en was too crowded and Christmas in the heat was just too odd for this Canadian!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter