• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite sight, sound, and smell at WDW?

its a package deal for me - the fountain in epcot framed by spaceship earth and palm trees with the music playing they pipe in and the general smell of the park :goodvibes:lovestruc

for me disney's attention to the senses is what really make the atmosphere. like someone said earlier, its been a few years since i've been to WDW so smell is kind of hard. i suppose all the food is a pretty darn good smell! but the sights and sounds... heck, i love getting on the bus in the morning and watching the little video on the way to the park. or arriving in orlando and seeing families everywhere with mickey mouse bags and ear hats - little things like this build anticipation for me. i love the attention to detail. i love that wherever i am in disney, albeit the bathroom in my resort room or on line for a major ride, no matter where i turn my eyes there is something hidden and interesting for me to see. for sounds i guess i love all the atmosphere and theme music. it's different everywhere. bird's singing in the oasis or ther barbershop quartet on main street mixed in with the bells and whistles of the horse drawn trolley. all of these things mixed together create the full experience.

Sight: Standing at the end of Main Street looking at the castle.
Sound: Music from the parades
Smell: Main Street Bakery

I think my favorite smell is the distinctive smell of the dark rides and the haunted mansion. I am not quite sure what makes up the smell, maybe it's just the grease used to lubricate the mechanical parts who knows. But it's always the same and reminds me of my child hood. My children now notice it also.

Sight- That first glimpse of Cinderella's Castle

Sound- ¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!

Smell- Main Street Bakery

Hello all, my favorites are:

1. SIGHT: Tomorrowland from the hub at night.
2. SOUND: "Dead men tell no tales"
3. SMELL: The corrosion sprayers on Test Track

Thanks, and have a magical day.

My favorite sight would have to be The Castle. Sound : I love the TTA announcements. Smell : I love to smell the backside of water!

sight: Walking down Main St at MK and seeing Cinderella's Castle.

sound: The 'disney chime' that they play during Wishes...the one that goes with when you wish upon a star...(kind of corny I know)

smell: The smell of hot dogs from Casey's Corner.

Sight- Cinderella's Castle as we walk down Main St.

Sound- The music playing around Frontier Land

Smell- The smells in Soarin'

Without a doubt, my favorite smell is when we walk into the Polynesian. The smell is unique to us. Living in WI we don't get that tropical smell much, so it's always a favorite for us when we get there.

Favorite Sight: Tie...Main Street During Halloween time and the mono rail station at the Grand Floridian. Main street with all the pumpkins....scarecrows etc...it's wonderful. And the Grand Floridian, I love the excitement and happy faces of the people(me included) at the last stop before entering the MK. Plus, I love the Victorian aspect...so the GF does me in.

Favorite Smell: Smell of Popcorn on main street or the smell of the haunted mansion

Favorite Sound: The Piano player at casey's or the string band at the Grand floridian.

Man, I love Disney.

Sight - the view of the castle while Wishes is going off while I sit at O'Hana's and eat my dinner!

Sound - When they play 'I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA' while we're walking right down the middle of Main Street USA! My girls and I link arms and do a little dance like the one from the Disneyland movie.

Smell - the smell of Main Street - Casey's hot dogs, the Bakery's cookies, the sidewalk after it's been sprayed down, the smell of plastic from the balloons as a handler tries to control the bunch during a brief wind.

ohhh...this is a real tough one to narrow down....

Sight: First day is always MK. So, coming out from under the railroad station onto Main St. and seeing The Castle for the first time...again.

Sound: Hearing the trumpets that start Spectromagic.

Smell: The slightly musty and tropical smell right outside the backdoor of the GCH leading to the Volcano Pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter