What is your favorite sight, sound, and smell at WDW?

pedigot1

Officail disney world nut, or so my wife says!
I was riding home from lowes and listening to the Animal Kingdom CD and it got me thinking about the sounds I love to hear in WDW. That also got me thinking about the sights and smells as well. So I ask you: What are your favorite sight(s), sound(s), and Smell(s) at WDW?
I will go first:
Sight: Main street as viewed from the train station
Sound: My kids and the background music.
Smell: This one was kind of hard since it's been a couple of years since we've been. I think the smell I like best is the musty smell of pirates of the caribbean ride.
Ok, that is mine, how about yours? Thanks ahead of time for your replies!:goodvibes

My favorite Disney smell ( a lot of people think that it is gross) is the smell outside right after it rains. I don't know why but I do love that smell a lot.

I also have a liking for the smell of the water ( another one that could be considered gross) like the water that is in the fountains and water features around the parks.

Favorite site I would have to go with everything.:yay:

Favorite Sound I love the music that they play in the parks. My favorite would have to be the music in the American Adventure show.

Favorite sight: All the countries around World Showcase as they start to "light up" in the evening. I love when the torches light up along the water before Illuminations!

Favorite sound: I love how you can hear the Haunted Mansion and the Train from the Grand Floridian.

Favorite smell: The lobby of the YC. Especially on a hot day when you're returning from the parks. You just feel icky and awful until you step into that lovely, cool lobby and know that your shower is just down the hall!:thumbsup2

Sight: the fireworks over the castle. It was "Fantasy in the Sky" last time I went, I'm going to cry like a baby at "Wishes!"

Sound: Weirdly, it's hearing people scream as you queue for Tower of Terror. That, plus the music there really sets the atmosphere!

Smell: Popcorn. Can't resist that smell! popcorn::

Amanda_the_awesome - I used the song from the American Adventure in an assembly on Jesse Owens, the kids went mad for it!

Oh ive been thinking about this a lot...it almost brings me to tears when I remember getting out of the rental car, stepping out into the hot heat of the animal kingdom lodge carpark and walking up to the hotel, the wonderful spicy air and warm tarmac, distant smells of swimming pool

...i have a tear in my eye :-(

sight would be a toss up of Main Street at night on the way out, Castle beautiful colors & buidling lit up or it would be Illuminations which I love and get goose bumps & teary eyed every time.

sound would be the music played in the parks

smell would have to be popcorn

Sight: View of the castle as seen down Main Street

Sound: Park Music and Mickey's Laugh

Smell: The Main Street Confectionery or Flame Tree BBQ

Horns from the Friendship boats when we are at BWV. Smell walking into BCV lobby.

Sight - There are so many, but mine would have to be on the way in on the Magicial Express the Disney World sign.

Smell - I love the musty smell, and the smell of the grease they use
on the Big Thunder Mountain.
Sound - Would have to be the music throughout the parks, each one
having their own theme.

Sight ~ Any great view from the resort we are staying in.
Sound ~ The music playing in Rock'N'Roller Coaster!!
Smell ~ Gotta go with the popcorn!!!!

Sight: the fireworks over the castle. It was "Fantasy in the Sky" last time I went, I'm going to cry like a baby at "Wishes!"

Sound: Weirdly, it's hearing people scream as you queue for Tower of Terror. That, plus the music there really sets the atmosphere!

Smell: Popcorn. Can't resist that smell! popcorn::

Amanda_the_awesome - I used the song from the American Adventure in an assembly on Jesse Owens, the kids went mad for it!

That is great. I actually think that other then the classic Disney music that is the best song ever created for a Disney attraction. Well all the songs from that show actually.

Sight- Cinderella Castle

Sound- The welcome speech on the monorail as you pull up to the MK
"On behalf of the cast of the Walt Disney World Resort we'd like to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom"....

Smell- The smell of the lobby at the Poly.

Sight - The Walt Disney World entrance sign

Sound - The spiel on the monorail - I hope they never change that voice!

Smell - Gotta agree, it's the Polynesian lobby

Sight- a character bending down to give a little tyke a hug

Sound- The songs from the Transiberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller while watching the Osborne Spectacle of Lights.

Smell- Hard to say since its been a few years since I've been but I would say the pastry shop in France

sight - the countries and lagoon at epcot.
sound- music in the parks and train and boat whistles.
smell- ita a tie with the aroma from the brown derby at DHS and the smells from soarin'

Sight: Tie between watching the castle grow as you walk down Main Street/HTT appearing when you turn the corner at DHS/Flumes plummeting down Splash Mountain

Sound: The background music in Future World

Smell: That bizarre smell during the fiery scenes in PotC/Spaceship Earth... that's a weird one but quintessentially Disney in my mind

Smell: Splash Mountain. Sometimes I'll be walking around somewhere and I'll be like "this place smells like splash mountain!" and everyone will think I'm nuts.

Sight: Small kids with mickey ear hats!

Sound: The screams that come out of EE. :rotfl:

Sight: The first time I spot the seven seas lagoon when we first arrive in Disney. Something that brings me back to my childhood and riding the boats on there with my parents

Sound: Howdee folks, please keep your hand and arms inside the trains and remain seated at all times.....ya know...BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN. Again this one takes me back to riding it with my grandmom who has since passed (yes my grandmom...she was a fiesty gal)

Smell: The lobby of the Polynesian! Hands down...takes me back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter