• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite salad dressing?

If I'm not on a diet, Blue Cheese on the side. If I am on a diet, either nothing, or homemade lemon and EVOO.

People think eating salads are soo good and healthy for you, and they are, but when you start drowing it in dressing.... its as bad as a burger!!!!!

1. Hidden Valley Ranch---oh this stuff is to die for :love:
2. Ken's Honey Mustard lite my second love ::yes::

I love Renee's Mediterranean Greek dressing. It is great on salads, but I use it mostly to Stir fry meat for Shawarmas. Sometimes I will cheat and buy a package of cooked, chopped chicken breast and then I will heat it up in a frying pan with greek dressing. Then I put it on warm pitas with garlic sauce and pickled turnips (that I buy from a Lebanese take out down the street) and add chopped cucumber and lettuce. So delicious!

Ever since I figured out how to make a decent vinaigrette I haven't bought salad dressing. My favourite is a Balsamic vinaigrette:

3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
S&P to taste

Switch up the vinegar and add herbs, onions, whatever you want, and it changes to match whatever type of salad you want to make. It's so easy to make and there are no strange chemicals in it.

Outback Steakhouse's Tangy Tomato Dressing that I make from a recipe I found online.

I also love Italian dressing made from Good Seasonings Zesty (has to be Zesty) Italian dressing. Make it with Balsamic vinegar and olive oil. So good.

I don't buy any dressings- I make them all myself.

I like Paul Newman's Raspberry Walnut Light dressing. One dressing I make that my whole family loves is:

Aunt Alice's Dressing
3/4 cup sugar or 18 pkg of Equal
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1 TBS onion juice**
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 cup salad oil
1 1/2 TBS sesame seed or poppy seed (if wanted, I like sesame seeds)
Mix and chill.
** you can buy onion juice at the grocery store, in the spice section. Or make your own squeezing an onion through cheese cloth.

My favorite is Kraft Tuscan House Italian. I use it on salads and as a marinade.

Western Dressing.

But can you get it on the West Coast?? No. :headache: For years I had to have someone from the midwest send it to me or bring some along when they visit. Now I found a place that can send a few bottles at a time mail order. :yay:

1448.jpg

:thumbsup2

But if I have tuna salad, this is the one I'll use:

SpicyRanch.jpg

Oh I love Catalina, but don't have it much. I like Ranch but my absolute fave is from a local chain, Mary's Pizza Shack, they have the BEST Italian dressing, I buy it from them by the bottle sometimes. I usually make my own tho, with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, I add the Good Seasons packet. YUM!

My favorite store bought dressing is Naturally Fresh Lite Ranch dressing. I also like Wishbone Italian. Oh, also an Olive Oil Vinaigrette, but I can't remember who makes it.

I like Hidden Valley ranch, the original.

I would love to find a low calorie version that I actually like. I barely tolerate their light one.

I don't like any light or low fat dressing except Naturally Fresh Lite Ranch (it's in the produce section in a jar). Have you tried it?

Just found Maple Grove Farms of Vermont FF Raspberry Vinaigrette. Love it. But before that it was O'Charley's Honey Mustard

My FAVORITE is Hidden Valley Bacon Ranch dressing.. sooo bad for you. :eek: I usually settle for Wish-Bone Salad Spritzers - Italian Vinaigrette. Much healthier - 1 calorie per spray. :goodvibes

ckay87-I'm also in love with the Makato Ginger dressing! It's easy to find here, and I throw it on the salad with some crunchy Japanese noodles. Yummy.

I love blue cheese dressing, especially bacon blue cheese yoghurt dressing (can't remember the brand :headache:)

Also a big fan of caesar, but I make my own, it's really easy

I have to admit...I HATE ranch dressing :confused3

I grew up in Ohio and always loved to find Betty's Salad. It was my favorite when I was a kid.

This thread made me remember it and I looked it up on Google. I will have to add this to my meal plan for next week. It's so yummy!

Dressing:
1 cup salad oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup catsup
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 med. onion
1/4 tsp salt

Mix well in blender!

For the best Spinach Salad for which the dressing was invented:

1 lb. fresh spinach (cleaned , cut up, and drained)
1 can (16 oz. ) Bean Sprouts (drained)
8 slices bacon ( cooked and crumbled)
3 hard boiled eggs (diced)

Mix spinach and bean sprouts. Use 1/4 of the dressing with the bacon and eggs. Use rest of dressing on salad. Mix in eggs and bacon.

Aidi's Ranch Lite Dressing
Ken's Honey Mustard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter