What is your favorite place for lunch in US/IOA?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
We will have four adults and three kids (7, 5 and 1 1/2). I'm looking for something tasty, not crazy expensive, fun for the kids and probably not table service. So, best quick service options? Also, best/favorite dishes?

Thanks!

For quick service in the parks, we really enjoy Mel's Diner (50s diner style with vintage cars out front) Decent burgers, chicken strips, fries, and excellent hand-dipped milkshakes...that's in Studios.
If we are in IoA, we go to Captain America's diner (we are huge super hero fans), it's got a fun decor of giant Marvel cut-outs. Again, decent burgers, chicken strips, fries.

I think these are slightly pricier, but a lot of fun: Three Broomsticks (IoA), Leaky Cauldron (Studios), and the Simpsons food court (Studios.)

Theme parks, of course, are usually pricier than at home places, but some of the table service places aren't that bad price-wise either. We always go to Finnigans during our trip (Studios), not a "fun" place, but great food & it's right next to where the Blues Brothers do their show in the street. We like to get a table near the show, if it's going on, and watch while we eat.

Margaritaville (in City Walk) is decently priced as well and can be a lot of fun. They either have live music on the stage outside or piped in music. We sit on the patio & people watch. Usually there are stilt walkers that roam around the tables and make balloon creations for the kiddos.

In the parks I like the Leaky Cauldron. Ive eaten most of the menu and enjoyed it all. Great atmosphere. Kids should love it

Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks are both wonderful.... Excellent food, can't-be-beat atmosphere.... Hands-down my first choice for lunch!

Nothing is all that great in either park. But Thunder Falls Terrace in IOA and the Springfield food court are good. Thunder Falls is similar to the Flame Tree BBQ in Disney's Animal Kingdom. BBQ ribs and chicken. Pretty good and you can get a table with a view of the boats coming down the hill on the Jurassic Park ride.

Springfield food court is good. Get your food (I suggest a Krusty Burger) and take it inside Moe's Tavern to eat. Moe's looks EXACTLY like it does on the cartoon. Make sure you order a Flaming Moe.

Lots of great places to eat in the park, especially counter service

Blondies freshly made sandwiches in front of you
Boulangerie also if you want something different from the pre made ones

I have very few places at both parks I would not eat at, but that list is short

Sorry, but I completely disagree with this! I've found lots of quick service options that we really enjoy. :-)
Our definitions of great must be different. Universal park food is about as good as the local mall food court. It is good, but nothing as good as a typical state or county fair.

We normally do sit down as the prices are not too much more than counter.

It wasn't the prices necessarily, but wondering how long it takes. Our friends are bringing their 1 1/2 year old. I'm not sure she will make it though a whole meal! Also, we only have one day in the parks. Should we spend the time in a sit-down place? Or get something quicker so we can experience more?

Thanks for all the suggestions! This will be my first time back at US/IOA since 2000, I think! One question: do the table service restaurants take a while? If we choose the Leaky Cauldron or Mythos or something like that, will we be committing ourselves to a lunch that runs over an hour? I can see doing that for dinner maybe when the kids are exhausted and will be fine sitting for an hour...but for lunch? Thanks!

Thanks for all the suggestions! This will be my first time back at US/IOA since 2000, I think! One question: do the table service restaurants take a while? If we choose the Leaky Cauldron or Mythos or something like that, will we be committing ourselves to a lunch that runs over an hour? I can see doing that for dinner maybe when the kids are exhausted and will be fine sitting for an hour...but for lunch? Thanks!

Leaky Cauldron is quick service, not table service. :-)

We really enjoyed the taco truck in Simpson's Land. Bumblebee tacos? Something like that. They were really good, much better than we expected, and great if you're looking for a lighter option. Also had good sandwiches at Boulangerie.

I thought leaky cauldron and three broomsticks were great. The ice cream place in the suess area was absolutely beyond awful. that's all I can comment on as we didn't eat anywhere else except for the donut below.

My suggestion- get one of the giant pink donuts in the simpsons area and take them home with you either for dessert or breakfast the next day. When I saw them I thought they'd be dry and tasteless based on the look but I (and I have very high standards when it comes to dessert) was very pleasantly surprised at how delicious that donut was. I don't know if I just got lucky but man it was great. I can't wait to get another one on my next trip.

Was there this past weekend. Did 5 counter service meals. Nothing to write home about. Typical theme park counter service food. Decent, not great.

It wasn't the prices necessarily, but wondering how long it takes. Our friends are bringing their 1 1/2 year old. I'm not sure she will make it though a whole meal! Also, we only have one day in the parks. Should we spend the time in a sit-down place? Or get something quicker so we can experience more?

If you have one day I would do counter then unless you have a sit down that you really want to do, like Mythos.

We always go to Finnegan's Bar and Grill in Universal Studios. I love the theme and the food of this place, they have a lot of options and I really recommend the fish and chips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter