• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite kind of cookie dough

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of making holiday cookies I am thinking super I kniw chocolate chip is hard to work with I did think about peanutbuteer am I missing any other favors

Most doughs we work with are specific to the cookie we are making.

Sugar cookies, Gingersnaps, snickerdoodles, peanut butter blossoms (and their cousin, the peppermint blossom), oatmeal (raisin or chocolate chips), raspberry stars...

Most doughs we work with are specific to the cookie we are making.

Sugar cookies, Gingersnaps, snickerdoodles, peanut butter blossoms (and their cousin, the peppermint blossom), oatmeal (raisin or chocolate chips), raspberry stars...

I did not think about that I will stick with super since I am using cookie cutters

I'm really sorry, but I'm not sure what you are asking. Just a random question about what kind of cookie dough we like (chocolate chip with raisins or m&m's for me with peanut butter a close second) or suggestions for something you're making?

Based on your second post, I'm thinking the later? And that "super" is "sugar"? If you are using cookie cutters, I'd stick with sugar cookies. However, chocolate chip cookies are definitely not hard to work with. I have a super simple peanut butter cookie recipe that is hard to mess up (no flour, so no worries about over mixing etc.), if you'd like it.

I'm really sorry, but I'm not sure what you are asking. Just a random question about what kind of cookie dough we like (chocolate chip with raisins or m&m's for me with peanut butter a close second) or suggestions for something you're making?

Based on your second post, I'm thinking the later? And that "super" is "sugar"? If you are using cookie cutters, I'd stick with sugar cookies. However, chocolate chip cookies are definitely not hard to work with. I have a super simple peanut butter cookie recipe that is hard to mess up (no flour, so no worries about over mixing etc.), if you'd like it.

I don't mean to seem so unclear I was just wondering if I was missing a kind of cookie dough besides the ones I put in my first post

My families favorite holiday cookies are Tollhouse Cookies, sugar cookies (I use a recipe you can find online called No Fail Sugar cookies) and gingerbread cookies (I like the recipe on joyofbaking.com). The Tollhouse cookies are just chocolate chip with walnuts. You only roll them into balls and bake them. Sugar and gingerbread cookies have to be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters before baking so they are a little more work.

My families favorite holiday cookies are Tollhouse Cookies, sugar cookies (I use a recipe you can find online called No Fail Sugar cookies) and gingerbread cookies (I like the recipe on joyofbaking.com). The Tollhouse cookies are just chocolate chip with walnuts. You only roll them into balls and bake them. Sugar and gingerbread cookies have to be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters before baking so they are a little more work.

Thank you

I don't mean to seem so unclear I was just wondering if I was missing a kind of cookie dough besides the ones I put in my first post

Yes. Probably hundreds (depending on how you count variations).

Gingerbread
Oatmeal (with different add ins)
Shortbread
Thumbprint
Florentines
Butterscotch
Linzertorte

Just a very quick list of some that we make at Christmas.

If you are using a cookie cutter, you don't want to make chocolate chip. Sugar is probably the easiest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter