What is your earliest "where were you when" story?

I sort of remember the moon landing. My Dad got me up and I sat on his lap to watch it.
I can clearly remember Elvis’ death. We had just returned from vacation and turned on the radio in our kitchen and heard the news.

I gather I'm quite a bit younger, but the first "news" story was when OJ was found not guilty and 1 teacher came into Spanish class to tell the other teacher.

There are events I remember from the news and TV like the 1st Gulf war, but a very specific event was the OJ thing.

I saw the Challenger explode on tv in school. My husband and I were in Greece when 9/11 happened. We were at WDW for Sandy Hook . My twins were in first grade at the time also . We didn’t tell them anything about it . Luckily they weren’t at school but on vacation so we were able to spare them from the horror at that time .

The one I clearly remember is the Challenger explosion. I was in 8th grade science class. I remember the teacher being really shook-up.

Mines the Challenger... I was in early elementary school and remember watching the news bits and pieces on our old tv.

Next would probably be the OJ verdict. We watched it live in our 8th grade? social studies class.

Mines the Challenger... I was in early elementary school and remember watching the news bits and pieces on our old tv.

Next would probably be the OJ verdict. We watched it live in our 8th grade? social studies class.
The most memorable thing (for me) about the OJ verdict, is that I had gone home to watch it and tripped over my daughter's roller skate and sprained my ankle really bad.

I was in Nursing School during the OJ verdict. We listened to it in our microbiology lab.

Apollo 11 launch I saw in person and have a clear memory of that day.

The first one that comes to my mind was the death of Princess Diana. I know exactly where I was when I heard the news.
I had been out dancing with friends and we made a late-night trip to Waffle House. The waitress told us that she had died, and we didn't believe her at first

The first that I remember was the challenger explosion when I was in 3rd grade. Elvis died the week I was born and my mom said that was all that was on TV while she was in the hospital with me.

JFK. Mom had a secret 'mini' TV set hidden in her closet. We were toddlers . She took us in her arms and cried..and cried.

Challenger explosion, 1st grade, watched live on TV because it was indoor recess. Put a damper on my dreams of becoming an astronaut.

This. We must be about the same age.
Elvis for me too. We were on vacation and there was a little store near our motel. I remember my mom sent me to get a newspaper. The announcement of his death was the front page news.

I remember my jr. high school intercom interrupting class to say JFK had been assassinated.
...I remember when his brother was shot - I was in first grade and all the teachers were crying. We were dismissed early that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter