What is World of Color show like?

Sun Lover

Mouseketeer
I just noticed that there's a Fast Pass for the World of Color show. Is it really spectacular? I saw a picture of it that looked like fountains with changing colors. Is it a must-see type thing and where is it and what time of day? Thanks.

It is fountains with changing colors, and movie scenes projected on water "screens". Is it a must see???? YES!!!!

It is fountains with changing colors, and movie scenes projected on water "screens". Is it a must see???? YES!!!!

DEFINITELY!! It is so much more than just fountains with color. It always brings me to tears for some reason..I just really love it as my favorite show.
I highly recommend it.:thumbsup2

^^^I tear up too. But then I tear up whenever I feel the magic. LOL.

A must see, IMO yes, there is a superthread here, linked above, but you can also search for it on YouTube if you want to get a taste of what it is.

And I say taste, because you can in no way feel the mist off the water or the heat from the fire.

I'm planning on seeing it at least 2 times while I'm there July 2-9. I'm at the park for 5 possibly 6 days.

Is the show held several times a day or only at night? Do you recommend getting a Fast Pass for it? We will be there next week on Tuesday & Wednesday.

Is the show held several times a day or only at night? Do you recommend getting a Fast Pass for it? We will be there next week on Tuesday & Wednesday.

Only at night, but on busy days it is held twice a night. Yes, if you want to gain entry to the show area, you'll require a FP. They are free and don't interfere with your ability to collect other FP's throughout the day so no problem grabbing one.

I don't remember all the ins and outs of getting the FP for World of Color, but it was definitely worth it to get the priority viewing. The area around the show fills up quite a bit at night, so it's nice to have the FP area to see all there is to see.

The show is very much a combination of Fantasmic and Illuminations. I really enjoyed it. It's probably my favorite night time show in any of the parks right now.

It is like the Bellagio fountains on steroids.It truly is an amazing show, nothing like it anywhere else.It is a do not miss in my opinion.

We weren't impressed with it. We love the Fireworks, WOC not so much. That was 2 years ago.
We were just there a couple of weeks ago and didn't bother. Maybe if you could walk up and watch rather than plan a whole day around it and line up for 2 hours to get a good spot, then maybe we'd go.

We weren't impressed with it. We love the Fireworks, WOC not so much. That was 2 years ago.
We were just there a couple of weeks ago and didn't bother. Maybe if you could walk up and watch rather than plan a whole day around it and line up for 2 hours to get a good spot, then maybe we'd go.

Just curious, as it tends to make all the difference, when you saw it did you have a good spot or a bad spot?

We thought we had a good spot, but we didn't get right up at the fence, so there were people in front of us. We were right up front, centre, but those few people in front of us just blocked the view. The kids were 8 and 10 and couldn't see anything. We had to hold them up which meant we couldn't see much either.
We did also get there more than an hour in advance.
I just feel that it is such a time taker, that it's not worth it.
I'm sure that if we were front row, we would enjoy it more, but I just don't think it's worth the time.

I loved WoC! It gave me goose bumps! Very nicely done. I wouldn't miss it :)

Definitely see it!!! It is totally worth it. I absolutely love World of Color! Like previous posters said, it is more than just water and colors, its like the water screens just come to life and its totally "Disney"!! :goodvibes

We went on June 2 with a dining package - most expensive meal we've ever had but it was so worth it. By far the best night of our trip. It's magical.

It is like the Bellagio fountains on steroids.It truly is an amazing show, nothing like it anywhere else.It is a do not miss in my opinion.

That's how I describe it too!

I like it, I find it has more recent characters which is awesome for the younger set. My kids have seen all those movies multiple times, as have I. It makes me cry too. Freaking Disney music :rotfl2: I am going with my family in July and have to somehow figure out how not to randomly cry during WoC.

It's pretty, it's nice. We've had good unobstructed views from fast passes twice. It's fine but we won't go out of our way to see it again. (there is no real "story" like Fantasmic!)
Now, Fireworks and Fantasmic!......we WILL watch multiple times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter