What is up with the totally anachronistic DJ/singalong in Town Square at MK closing? So wrong for MK

I just heard - DJ GONE! I am beginning to think our opinions matter to Disney. Keep up the social comments people!

Maybe introducing the cringe worthy experiences like DJ Dis, is WDW just telling us guests "See how much worse this experience can get. Now, be quiet with all the less crappy changes we are making and eat your Dole Whip."?

Over the years, Disney has done some dumb things, but this may be the worst. If they somehow incorporated characters into it, it might make sense. This way, it just screams cheap, and ruins the atmosphere of Main Street as you exit.
Hoping its gone by our next visit.

I don't get it. Disney knows the time of day people from zip code 94065 want to ride Pirates; they know the ages of adults who paid rack rate at GF; they know how many of you will buy a balloon for your children that you have to find a way to "lose" before you get on the plane to go home. They know what their customers already do and what they want to do, because they ask and we tell them. And yet here they are again (see also: shrimp casserole) throwing something really weird up against the wall to see if it sticks.

This is super embarrassing for Disney. Or should be.

People throw around the phrase "Walt is rolling in his grave," but I think he would've been pretty upset at this given how much of a stickler he was for show and theming. Like how he built the underground tunnels in MK so costumed CMs would never be seen out of place.
This is the the thing, I think, that really has us all upset. He was onstage, working for the company, but he was definitely not "show."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter