What is up with my SIL, seriously????

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
She is obsessed with giving Bratz as gift. My Dd has never played with Bratz. She thinks they are ugly, and "gross". Three years in a row she received something Bratz from my SIL on her birthday. We donated them. DD didn't even want them in her room.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. We had our family Christmas party yesterday. Two weeks ago, SIL calls me to get some idea's on what our niece who is 9yo, would like. (her DD had niece in the kids grab). We talked about all things a 9yo girl would like. Myley-Hannah; Camp Rock; HS Musical; music; crafts; scrapbooking, ect. Bratz was not mentioned as a possible interest AT ALL. In fact I asked her if her DD was still into Bratz and she said not much anymore. (her dd is 8). I even said I think there is an age where girls outgrow them. (if the ever liked them to begin with).

So, yesterday, during the party, if a kid ran into me (literally, LOL) I would ask them if they were having fun, and if they liked their gift. I aked my niece who was on the receiving end of SIL. She said her gift was "OK". I asked her what she got. She said some Bratz stuff. She then shrugged her shoulders, said she didn't even like Bratz, but that it was OK.

OMG! I wanted to strangle my SIL. We get together as family once a year. Every other girl cousin between the ages of 7-12 got something with Hannah-Myley, or Camp Rock, and they were thrilled! Even SIL's DD got a Hannah Montana digital camera. She didn't get stinkin' Bratz. I said nothing to my niece. She had a great attitude for a 9yo. Internally I am so frustrated at SIL. What the heck is her obsession with giving Bratz to this family?

OK, vent over. Thanks for listening. Next year, I am going to tell SIL straight out...NO BRATZ. It may be tough for her, but she will need to control her urges to buy Bratz. (Maybe they won't be on the shelves next year.)

Well, next year, Bratz may not be for sale any more. The company that makes those ugly things lost a huge Intellectual Property suit to Mattel a few weeks ago - the guy who designed them was working for Mattel when he came up with the idea. Good riddance to the Bratz

Well, next year, Bratz may not be for sale any more. The company that makes those ugly things lost a huge Intellectual Property suit to Mattel a few weeks ago - the guy who designed them was working for Mattel when he came up with the idea. Good riddance to the Bratz

I know, but I am afraid SIL will have stocked up on them before they leave the shelves. I can picture her basement full of them. She will have years of gift giving ahead of her. I am afraid that as each of our nieces graduate HS, she will be still giving them Bratz.

What if Mattel decides to make them? ARRRRGGGHH.:lmao:

They are creepy. Thank goodness I have a boy who doesn't like dolls. :) You need to make a joke out of 'Aunty X and her Bratz obsession.' Perhaps regift them to her.

Definitly get one for her next year!:thumbsup2
Those things are so ugly!!!

I always considered the Bratz dolls to be quite ugly too. Thank goodness DD was never interested in them. But my two nieces were at one time. :laughing:

My daughter is 5 and loves Bratz, granted she likes the movies more so then the toys. I was actually sad to hear they were leaving shelves, I believe they ahve to be off shelves in Feb some time.

Those dolls are so ugly! I hate them, my cousin was into them for a year or two. I refused to get her anything with them. Plus they are dressed like little skanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter