What is "to late" to book a room in January?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi All
ok here is the scenario

We are waiting to close on a contract for OKW, we passed the ROFR and have already sent in our closing paper work and check this past Saturday 6/15. The seller has not yet returned the their part of it. Once they do and it goes through closing and then to Disney will I still be able to get a 2 bedroom at a OKW? SSR or AKV would work alos anything else may be geting too many points for us.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Goofydad621

depends upon when you are going.

it is to late for any holidays - NY or MLK week or the marathon

the other times (if any) should be okay.

You are probably still 3 to 4 weeks away from when you can reserve. If you are talking about Jan 1 to 4, Jan 9 to 13, or Jan 17 or 18, you are likely to face difficulty except SSR might have something; If talking about other times of month you will likely find all three open if you can reserve before mid-July except that AKV value will most likely be gone as well as OKW rooms near the Hospitality House (a booking category).

Sorry left the days out arriving on Jan 25th for 7 nights

thanks I feel a little better about this, already have the airfare so we are goign then no matter what.

Thanks again
Dave

This is generally a little bit of a slower time if you avoid the two holidays in mid Jan and mid Feb, which you are doing. You should be able to find something at one of the resorts. OKW and SSR are two of the largest resorts. SSR almost always has availablility after the others are gone. Because OKW has lower point requirements, they go a little faster year around.

I think you will be okay. I was checking availability for dates near yours and had no problem. Good luck. Another plus is that points are lower at that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter