What is there to do at Kadani?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Beside viewing the animals and the pool what else is there to do at Kadani? Is there anything geared towards 2 teen age girls? how about for us 50 some things?
Any activities that are exclusive to AKLV?

What is your favorite thing to do there?

Thanks

Goofydad

Walk around and look at all the art / displays...supposed to be the second largest art collection in a hotel in the world. They have many cultural programs both at Kidani and Jambo house. The community hall has some nice crafts you can purchase (reasonable prices). Go to the animal viewing areas and talk with the guides that are from Africa - this was one of our favorite things to do our trip there in May. If you're there on a Monday or Wednesday sign up at the DVC desk for the Sunset Mingle.

I agree with the PP, there's a lot to do at Kidani. They should also have a list of the daily activities at the resort.

I am hoping someone chimes in with more details, but I thought you could get the night-vision goggles at Kidani to look at the animals. Or is that at Jambo? We are wanting to do that next trip. Can't wait for our first trip to our home resort next July!

Kim

;) I have been known to play the drums at the drum café in the evenings at Kidani. There are movies by the pool around 8 or later which are nice and relaxing. I pop popcorn and grab a coke out of the fridge and head down there. I watched Tangled couple of years ago. In the evenings in the library at Kidani the CMs from Africa give talks about their homeland, and there are stories around the fire.

I even go down at 5:00 a.m. and just listen to the morning sounds....take a paper towel cause the rockers may be dewy.

Staying there in a couple of weeks for the first time, so I too am interested. Although we have two little ones with us.

I thought I read on the boards something about rubbings. This was a while ago and I printed out the format for the rubbings, but don't remember the specifics.

Anyone know?

You can get night vision goggles at both Kidani and Jambo. But if it's raining they won't do it (at least at Kidani). We didn't get to do that our last trip. And I forgot to mention eating!!! Both Boma and Sanaa are excellent! Also ask the guides for cards from their countries; they are like baseball cards but have info on the countries. A cool educational collectible for kids.

My husband & I were at Jambo for the first time last year-it is beautiful! There are tiles on the floor that the kids were putting paper on & rubbing with crayons to make cool designs. We are having a split stay in October; we start in Kadani, go on a cruise & finish with Jambo with our son...hope he likes it as well as we did! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter