what is the weirdest tv show you have watched?

Wow! I watched Monsters too. Always hilarious. Yeah, Amazing Stories was cool, but I think that one got cancelled pretty quickly.

The new Twilight Zone and Outer Limits didn't click with me as much, but I did watch the older b&w episodes.

I think "The Veldt" is my favorite Ray Bradbury episode. It's like he knew exactly what life would be like in 2022....
Some of the 80's Twilight Zones were ok, I can really only remember one starring the boy from Neverending Story. There was a third Twilight Zone in the 2000's hosted by Forest Whitaker that was so-so (before it was remade again by Jordan Peele about 10 years later. Haven't seen that one yet).

By the way, I was googling for screenshots of a show when I ran across THIS:

711qbyI5ezL._RI_.jpg

Somebody legitimately produced this as a series, and I want answers.

Same here. I watched the whole season, though. I've never been more intrigued by something so incredibly weird.

It's like a train wreck that you can't look away from. And like, WHAT is the budget on that show because holy moly!

Season 2 has been given the green light.

my dh is into all this kind of stuff and hands down the weirdest/grossest one i recall him watching was 'blood drive'. i get creepy flashbacks to it whenever i eat blue bunny ice cream (if you watched the one horrific season of it you will understand :crazy2: ).
Akkk, nope, you plus a quick Rotten Tomatoes synopsis was enough. I dig quirky smart weird but once any story drifts into the realm of hurting I'm out, not my scene.

Twin Peaks. That is going waaaaay back. loved it. Back in the day I went to a Halloween party as Laura Palmer wrapped in plastic.

Severance is a seriously great show.

As is "The Rehearsal" IMHO. If you've seen that, but not "Nathan For You" you need to check that out. Watch from the beginning - it's much lighter than Rehearsal, with many brilliant set pieces, but you'll see the overarching theme of Fielder being unable to ever meaningfully connect with another human slowly develop. And some of the stuff they do are amongst the most ambitious things ever attempted on television.

I read a Reddit AMA with one of the producers of "For You". They noted although Comedy Central wanted to renew it for more seasons, each episode - the uncertainty, the planning (he studied tight-rope walking for seven months just to pull off a three-minute bit), and the execution - took a significant psychic toll on him.

The series finale of Nathan For You - a feature-length episode called "Finding Frances" is stunning.

Love or hate Rehearsal (we love it) I give full props to HBO for funding his experiments. Fielder is considered by some art critics to be one of the most significant working artists around today. That's high praise - another description of him is "Autistic Borat".

Yep. I only watched (part of) a single episode but it happened to be the pig one. Seriously - what goes through the twisted minds of some people to even come up with these things?!? :sad2:

That’s the same one I watched. Never watched another episode!

It was definitely a strong episode to have as the first one. There was one other episode I can think of that had a pretty horrible plot twist, but the other ones were more odd than anything.

As for a he weirdest show I’ve watched, I can’t remember what it was called but it was a guy who talked to his dog..who was played by an actor in a dog suit.

While there are certainly weirder shows out there, one that had caught my attention in a, "Wow, this is so bad I cannot look away," kind of way was a show called Persons Unknown. It was a mystery box type thing where people woke up in this abandoned town that they couldn't leave. The Chinese Restaurant though had staff and would provide food. It did so poorly that NBC ran several of the last few episodes in the early morning hours to burn it off before the finale.

As is "The Rehearsal" IMHO. If you've seen that, but not "Nathan For You" you need to check that out. Watch from the beginning - it's much lighter than Rehearsal, with many brilliant set pieces, but you'll see the overarching theme of Fielder being unable to ever meaningfully connect with another human slowly develop. And some of the stuff they do are amongst the most ambitious things ever attempted on television.

I read a Reddit AMA with one of the producers of "For You". They noted although Comedy Central wanted to renew it for more seasons, each episode - the uncertainty, the planning (he studied tight-rope walking for seven months just to pull off a three-minute bit), and the execution - took a significant psychic toll on him.

The series finale of Nathan For You - a feature-length episode called "Finding Frances" is stunning.

Love or hate Rehearsal (we love it) I give full props to HBO for funding his experiments. Fielder is considered by some art critics to be one of the most significant working artists around today. That's high praise - another description of him is "Autistic Borat".

I have always loved Nathan Fielder. Is he actually autistic or is it all just a character/act?

He is a LOT like my 18 y/o autistic son. The conversation flow chart from the Rehearsal is literally something my son has used at school during speech therapy sessions to practice conversation skills! Maybe this is why I like his shows. It's all strangely familiar behavior.

It was definitely a strong episode to have as the first one. There was one other episode I can think of that had a pretty horrible plot twist, but the other ones were more odd than anything.

As for a he weirdest show I’ve watched, I can’t remember what it was called but it was a guy who talked to his dog..who was played by an actor in a dog suit.
That's Wilfred. I know of the American version with Elijah Wood, but it's supposed to be a remake of a show from another country.

You all have me interested in The Rehearsal. I don't have HBO but I'll find a way to watch.

My DS is watching both of these right now. :confused3 I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to find this (self-indulgent inanity) entertaining. And I feel bad for the real, regular people who are unwittingly coopted into his ********. How demeaning and disrespectful. :rolleyes:

My DS is watching both of these right now. :confused3 I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to find this (self-indulgent inanity) entertaining. And I feel bad for the real, regular people who are unwittingly coopted into his ********. How demeaning and disrespectful. :rolleyes:

Those people are all voluntary participants. You don't get on TV without signing numerous release forms.

Those people are all voluntary participants. You don't get on TV without signing numerous release forms.
Really? He did an entire episode about how to avoid being sued by the people he conned in a Hollywood tourist trap. If that was all scripted, the bit-players have a lot more acting talent than Nathan Fielder. I'd imagine any releases were signed after the fact, before the episode dropped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter