• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the strangest thought you have ever had?

Plotting ways to become a stowaway on a Disney Cruise. How to do it. Where to sleep. How to hide at the end of the cruise. How not to get noticed that I have been on the ship for weeks.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, where is Abraham Lincoln now?

When I was in high school, my Dad gave me his wool winter jacket as a hand-me-down. I had wanted it for quite a while, so I was pretty happy!

We were going out somewhere... mall? restaurant? Something like that.

As we were walking out the door, I very distinctly thought 'I Shouldn't Wear This Because I Don't Want To Get Blood All Over It And Ruin It.'

Being my teenage self, I thought what the heck? Ignored myself, and left still wearing it. :confused:

On the way, we got into a car accident, I hit the seat in front of me, drove my teeth through my lower lip, got blood all over my jacket, and ruined it. :eek: :sad1:

That whole episode still freaks me out to this day (30 years later).

this makes me think of the "death drive" or "thanatos" which is a freudian theory that basically explains why we have strange thoughts about like, y'know, suddenly swerving while we're driving and causing a fatal wreck, but we don't actually do that because ultimately our drives would rather keep us alive.

If I get a heart attack and die while working out on my bicycle trainer, would I stay clipped in?

It is really hard to pick just one, especially since I work in insurance and my job involves coming up with all kinds of weird risk scenarios...but here's another one: There was a guy in my law school class who was just odd and creeped everybody out. I made a point of being polite and civil to him, because he struck me as the kind of guy who would just show up to class one day and go on a shooting spree. I wanted him to remember me as "that one who was nice to me" and maybe he would spare me. That's not even the weirdest part: Another classmate of mine (independently of me) came up with the same exact strategy. Sheesh the world we live in today.

Lately I've been having random thoughts about having another child. I've thought "Maybe I'll name my next kid "whatever" or think that with the next kid I'll be more lenient about XYZ. These are very random thoughts that just pop into my mind. Here's the deal... I'm 60. My childbearing days were over 14 years ago; that ship has SO sailed!

I also think about taking a college course so I can do the Disney college program. I could take a class in the spring so I could do the program next fall. I am 99% sure my employer would hold my job for me. Sounds good... except for the part about being 60, running it by DH, still being able to pay the mortgage and bills. Yeah, probably not happening- and yet I feel as if I still have one big adventure left in me!

IF two drivers both have Nationwide Insurance and get into an accident, which one is in good hands?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter