• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the scariest sound you ever heard?

The crunch of my truck in a head on collision (elderly individual crossed into my lane oncoming). I will never forget that crunch sound.

Cat with a hairball in the middle of the night.
Ack. Ack Ack. Ack. Ack. Splat.
And no matter what you do, you will step in it while looking for it.

There been some memorable ones.

2020 was a heck of a year so I’d go with:
A boom that shook my apartment building that was actually something flammable building up above me exploding .
Me realizing that the fire I saw was actually a secondary one and the real fire was above me the scream I let out was awful.

The same year a buck running into my car the sound of him doing flip over my hood.

A sonic boom on 9/11 - we live in an air force town, always lots of noise from the military planes, but never in my life heard one take off so fast that it caused a sonic boom. Everyone was already so confused and terrified that day. When we heard the boom, my family ran outside to look at the sky, unsure what happened and I (17 y/o) just freaking lost it. For a moment it felt like the end of the world.

About a month after 9/11 I was working very close to a new Federal Courthouse that was mostly complete but not yet opened. A large transformer blew just outside my window and with the world still wondering if there were future attacks I thought for sure it was an explosion. I left over my desk, computer and all, and hit the deck.

In hind sight it is funny but at the time it was not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter