What is the process to “ask for a specific room”

Since the OP is squared away, this is mostly after-the-fact. Obviously 6 days is not too late, it falls right within the suggested 7-5 day window for calling of faxing a request. From my experience, requests made when booking trip are generally ignored or fall down the priority chain, but I usually have a room within two doors of my faxed request. Touring Plans offers a service to fax the request in for you (or they did?). You give your request to them, and they fax at the appropriate time.

I realize they probably use a fax to email service, but I do like to imagine Disney trying to explain the "fax machine" to whomever they just hired to do this job.

Last edited:
Even a single adult with multiple minor children isn't a guarantee for connecting rooms. A post a while back on the DIS confirmed that. There are no guarantees for connecting rooms at all.

Had not read that post. I would think it depends on ages ... I can't imagine Disney allowing several young children to stay in a room alone. That would be on them and that is a big liability, especially now that there could be strangers entering the rooms.

Had not read that post. I would think it depends on ages ... I can't imagine Disney allowing several young children to stay in a room alone. That would be on them and that is a big liability, especially now that there could be strangers entering the rooms.
I think the adult guest put all the kids in one room with her for at least one night. Until they got a connecting room.

Just remember that you just made requests to be noted on your reservation, and they did that. There is no guarantee that any of your requests will be honored.

Ok deal. I think it’ll be fine. I’m excited and love the wealth of knowledge on here. Thank you. I’m hoping for the best and will be grateful just to be there with my favourite people in the whole world.

Ok deal. I think it’ll be fine. I’m excited and love the wealth of knowledge on here. Thank you. I’m hoping for the best and will be grateful just to be there with my favourite people in the whole world.

I think that we all stress too much about room locations when this woud never occur to us elsewhere. Yes we may want "near elevator" or " near transportation" or "connecting rooms" but in Disney we strive for the "perfect" location. I have never had a bad room, and the best one was one I had been afraid I would be assigned. If you really do not like where you are assigned, you can always discuss it at check in, but let this one area of anxiety go. I bet you will love your room and your vacation. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter