What is the one thing you forget to pack?

Luvmic49

Mouseketeer
We always seem to forget something when we go on vacation. The last time I did not bring a head cleaning tape for the camcorder and it quit working. (Try to find a head cleaning tape in the Cayman Islands). The last time we went to Disney, I forgot to bring a power strip. I have put these things on my packing list, but I know someone here has a great one.
Thanks

Medicines - Dimetapp, Robitussin, Tylenol, etc. Invariably, someone ends up not feeling "up to speed" & I have to go out & spend a small fortune on an over the counter medication! :rolleyes:

The one thing we forgot to pack coming back from WDW last week was my DS4's " blankie". :( I don't know how I managed to forget it. I did my usual check of the hotel room just as we were leaving. But it must of been under the covers or something. When we got on the plane I got to thinking I couldn't remember putting it in the carry-on , which is where I would have put it so he would have it on the plane. Luckily he didn't need it or ask for it on the plane. But I broke the bad news to him when we got home. I called the hotel and they didn't find it but the guy I talked to said it may have got picked up with the linens and went to the laundry. If that is the case it would be a few days before it turns up. I'll call tomarrow to check again, keeping my fingers crossed.

thumperjr9 I did that same thing awhile back and it was in the laundry and they did get it back to me :D
What is much worse is what I did to my first child (I am surprised he turned out so well after this). We were just about home after a long drive, he was near two years old. His lovey was a stuffed bunny rabbit, which he had since he was born. He dropped it and was fussing for it so I pulled over to the side of the road so I could get it for him. I was not a happy camper about this. I opened his door (curb side) and out fell bunny... right into a storm drain. And yes, he saw it go. And no, we never did see bunny again. Mommy did buy a number of other bunnies in the following days, but alas, none were The bunny. He got over it faster than I did though, it took about 72 hours. He is currently a National Merit Scholar and taller than me. I have never asked him if he remembers this... I think I might wait until he is a father (which better be a good long time from now).

Originally posted by thumperjr9
But it must of been under the covers or something.

I called the hotel and they didn't find it but the guy I talked to said it may have got picked up with the linens and went to the laundry. If that is the case it would be a few days before it turns up. I'll call tomarrow to check again, keeping my fingers crossed.

Keep checking daily - be a pain in the neck. My DD (13 at the time) lost her beloved "pillow" while at the Contemporary last April. It got caught up in the bedding one day when they were changing the sheets. She was heartbroken. "Minnie & pillow" are her security blankets.

Anyway, we called housekeeping, went to the front desk, called lost & found numerous times. She was so persistent with calling hotel lost & found & going to the front desk so they could call laundry lost & found that they finally gave her the # to the laundry lost & found herself. She spoke with a woman named Judy who was very helpful. She was honest with me & said there was a good possibility it may not be found, however, she would personally "work on the case" :D She asked for a description.

About 9 or 10 days after we were home I got a call from Judy that they had found "pillow". I called my DD in middle school & left a message for her because at this point I was excited about it. :rolleyes:

On each trip since then she has tucked "Minnie & pillow" away in a drawer after waking each morning!! :p

He got over it faster than I did though, it took about 72 hours

Still haven't found blankie, but I think my DH and I are feeling worse about it than DS. He hasn't said to much about it but the true test is when he gets a boo boo or isn't feeling well, those are the times he seems to need it. It is also a sentimental thing to me beauese he has had it since he was a newborn. BTW my DS16 still has his blankie, at least what's left of it and yes he still keeps it under his pillow, but don't tell anyone;) ( Sorry, OP didn't mean to get off subject.)

I forgot my umbrella in August. I will NEVER make that mistake again. We also bought $.50 ponchos good idea except for the fact that we only bought 2 (one for each of us) by the end of the week DF's hood was ripped off and the smelled horrible! Bring extra ponchos and umbrellas!!:teeth: :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella:

I always forget to bring lysol to sanitize the remote control and other germ friendly spots.

This is a funny thread--everything from practical things like sunglasses, to lysol, to a son. That must either be one heck of a story or a joke.

This wasn't to WDW, but one time we went on vacation and I forgot my bras. :rolleyes: It just meant I had to go shopping. Bras aren't tops on my list of favorite things to buy, but it was shopping at least.

T&B

I don't know how it happened, but on our first trip to WDW (me, DD and DH for the first time), I forgot to pack a hair brush. How the heck we managed that, I don't know. I suspect DH took it out of the bag to use and did not put it back in, but he will deny it if you ask him.

Anyway...

I sent DH to the gift shop to buy a brush. It is very close to 10 pm, when the gift shop closes and it takes him a while to find his way there. He comes back with this itty, bitty plastic hair brush that looks like it is for a doll. You know the ones with the slip in plastic inserts that have the bristles????

DD and I have VERY coarse hair, and when I used it to brush out my hair, it made so much noise when DH was sleeping I had to GO OUTSIDE to use it! It took forever to brush out DD's hair.

However, as much as we hate it, I take it to WDW everytime we go and pull it out. No one uses it, but we all crack up.

We are pretty easily entertained, lol! :D

A can opener. I brought a couple of cans of tuna and I couldn't open them. Also, one time when I went to Cancun, I forgot to bring a razor. I had to buy a $7 tiny tube of Nair in the hotel gift shop!

This last trip I forgot my curling iron!! Luckily, I had just gotten my bangs cut before we left and I could put gel in them and go. Except for the bangs, I put my hair in a pony tail. However, I would have been looking for a Cost Cutters or stopping by the barber shop in MK for a bang cut. They were way long before we left!:crazy:

The blankie we forgot to pack on the way home has been located! Just talked to the Lost and Found Dept. at the hotel (HIFS) and they said it came back from the laundry and they will UPS it to me. I'm so relieved and when I told my DS he had the biggest smile on his face.:)

my contact case... talk about something to forget....

One time I forgot nail clippers and my dh, then bf all he did was click his nails on the tables everywhere we went. At the time, it was very annoying.

Another one, an emery board. I always forget to bring one and it never fails that I crack or chip a nail and have to use my jean shorts to smoothe out the jaggedness.

It wasn't something that I forgot, but once when we went it was after my first shower at the resort and my deoderant was all cracked and fell into pieces on the floor so I had to go to the gift shop and pay over $3 for one of the small travel size deoderants. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter