what is the oldest toy you currently have?

I have the teddy bear that I was given the day I was born. It sits on my shelf in my room. I also have a nearly 50 year old Steiff duck.

My Teddy Bear given to me when I was born. I slept with it for years, so much so ALL the fur was worn off. Still have it 66 years later.

A stuffed dog I got when I was six. I slept with him every night until I got married. He is still on a shelf in my closet.

Some of the original Star Wars action figures released in 78'
Darth Vader (unfortunately, not the most valuable one), Luke, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewie, Solo, Boba, Storm Trooper.

I have no idea how I was able to keep them along with my baseball card collection and many other items from my childhood.

Thank you Mom for not making me part of the "My mom threw out my baseball cards" club. 😊

I have a Minnie Mouse doll from the 1940s. My grandma bought it for something like 30 cents back then. She kept it in her living room where the sun hit the back of it in the afternoons. Unfortunately, the back is a little faded but otherwise it's in pretty good condition. It's the one thing I really wanted from my grandma's house after she passed away. I have it all wrapped up and stored safely in a closet. I have no idea how much it might be worth, but I'm not sure I would even want to sell it because it belonged to my grandma.

My DD’s Eeore, Piglet and Tigger stuffed animals from when she was little. She’s soon to be 40 yo.

Out 2yo GS just visited for the first time and was VERY interested in them.

I still have our Barbie house from the 70’s and several dolls.

1959 Barbie complete with black and white striped bathing suit…

i have some of my barbies too-i also still have the 2 mary poppins outfits that were released for them when the movie came out in '64.

oldest toy is either a kalideidoscope that was made in occupied japan or a large beanie and cecil plush set.

I have no idea how much it might be worth, but I'm not sure I would even want to sell it because it belonged to my grandma.
I am gonna take a guess here and bet that none of us would ever sell these items because of a sentimental connection??

Maybe, maybe not? For me, I will let future generations decide this and I won't be one of those rolling in my proverbial grave if they want to sell or dump them. I enjoyed and appreciated them but it is up to them to decide.

My first thought was the playskool McDonlads sitting in a box on the shelf in my closet but then the Teddy bear mentions makes me wonder if it the bright red Christmas bear I have. No clue the story behind the bear.

I found a Matchbox car belonging to one of my sons among Mommy’s belongings. Which son I have no idea and am not asking as it’ll start one of those silly who loved who best discussions. Sometimes I wonder how old they really are…🤷🏾‍♂️🫦🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter