• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the oldest text/email you still have on your phone/computer?

meaty

Mouseketeer
bought my current phone in December 2013 , and the earliest text i can find still on there is from feb 25 2014

Text - February 15, 2014 I've only had this phone for a year or so and it was someone's address

MY personal GMail goes back to 2004

My Work Email goes back to 2010 when I was hired. (We keep most emails we send because as soon as I delete something, I'll get an ask from a client asking about something we did for them 4 years ago.

I checked my email account on a remote server. I won't say which one, but it was one of the early webmail sites.

My oldest messagge was from 1998. Before that I used university email systems, and they either cleared out accounts after each class project or after a student was no longer registered.

Oldest email is from December of 1996. Guess I've had the same email address for a very long time.

o_O

I have an e-mail containing logo artwork from 1999. My oldest text is maybe a month or two old.

email on computer January 04. Was communication from/to on VRBO renting a condo in Hawaii. I was saving a few older years ago, but my mailbox got full and they took them away from oldest.

Last edited:
bought my current phone in December 2013 , and the earliest text i can find still on there is from feb 25 2014

I have just bought my new phone and my old messages are on my old phone, earliest one is in 2011.

On my actual computer, 2014 when I got this computer. On my external hard drive I have some saved from 1999 or so.

On my phone I clear them out once a week.

On my computer I've got one from 2009. It was from my Aunt who passed away a few months after sending the email. I saved it on my computer. I had some older ones in my Hotmail account but since that went away and changed to outlook - I lost those emails. I thought I'd backed them up but apparently not.

1997...they are some of the earliest emails from when then girlfriend, now wife, were dating. Is should go back and read those again.

I have emails in my yahoo account that go back to 2000, the oldest being my password info for babycenter.com

July of 99. On old email account, that's still active

My oldest text is a text thread with DH from a week ago. My oldest email on my computer is from 2 weeks ago.

I have an email from Jan 2000. I've kept this one because it is a letter written by my mil when I was pregnant with my oldest. It includes family history because I had asked about naming the baby after someone on their side of the family. Since my mil passed away in 2001 and fil has Alzheimer's this email has been helpful.

My email account is so old that I only have a five letter user name in front of the @. o_O It makes people do a double take when I give it to them. "That's it?! Just the name? No numbers, underscores...?"

The oldest email I have is dated April 30, 2011. The email was from my brother giving me some last minute info on the wedding of his step daughter later that day. The next day my brother passed away suddenly at the age of 45 from a heart attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter