• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the oldest person you would date?

My most recent ex is 11.5 years older than me, exactly. If you had asked me before him I would have said 5 years older than me.

I'm 43, so I would probably stay in the 40's, up to 50.

The youngest would be upper 30's. Like 38-39, no younger.

I was only 19 when I started dating DH who was 28. We will celebrate our 20th anniversary next year :)

I am about 11 years younger than my husband (he is 60 and I am 49). However, I don't think you can go by just a number.

I am not sure I would have predicted that, but it was a second marriage for both of us. My husband is also very motivated, in shape, so people do not even realize his age.

I hope I am explaining myself correctly. I mean I know people who are 55 and are little old ladies and I know 75 year olds that travel the world by themselves.

I'm 38, much past 50 would be hard for me because my parents are 57/58.
I also have 7 year old children (and a 13 year old). I have at least 20 years left to work. I think we would be at different points in our lives.

I'm not sure I'd have a maximum. It would be more about lifestyle, I think, than age. My husband is 9 years older than I am and that did cause some conflict when we were making decisions about having children, but that's a long-closed subject for me now so I don't think age would matter much if I were to be dating again. Being on the same page in other ways would matter far more.

I always had a rule that they couldn’t be closer in age to my dad than they were to me. My dad is 17 years older than me so 8 1/2 years older was my limit. DH is 2 years older than me and we have been together for 27 years. I hope that I never have to think about an age difference for dating again.

I always had a rule that they couldn’t be closer in age to my dad than they were to me.

Funny. My latest ex is closer to my moms age than he is to me. But I like that rule. It might get my out of dating another "old man." 🧓

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter