what is the name of it?

Raggedy

I Love living in New England, but i love disney al
Can anyone tell me the resorts or hotels across from Pleasure Island or the market place. I want to go to disney in January and i want to start researching places to stay. I want to stay as close to disney as possible. Last year we stayed a the Vistana, it was about a 10 minute drive. I want to stay closer.

The hotels are called Downtown Disney. Checks out the Boards that are about these hotels.

Has anyone been to any of these resorts? What do you think of them? and which one would you pick and why? Thank you so much for your help.

I have only stayed at one of them, the Royal Plaza. This was 1995. I liked it there very much, and thought the rooms were nice and had no problems during my visit. I stayed in a standard room, by the way. It had a balcony and was quite spacious.

I noticed when staying there that the only real difference between the Royal Plaza and the "on-site" hotels was the transportation. For example, if you stay at Coronado Springs and want to go to the Magic Kingdom, you get on the bus and it takes you straight to the entrance. At the Royal Plaza, the bus takes you to the TTC where you either board the monorail or the ferry to get to the entrance. At the other parks, of course, you go to those entrances. I actually preferred the drop-off at the TTC for the MK because I'm not a theme park commando type who needs to be there the split second they drop the rope. I like the anticipation of using the monorail or ferry, the ceremony it provides. And the ferry is soooo relaxing, going across the lagoon at the end of a long day with Mickey.

Otherwise, I recall that we got many of the same amenities at the Disney-owned resorts, like delivery of packages to your room. But like I said, that was 1995 and if anybody knows of changes made since then, please don't hesitate to update me.

I can't tell you which hotel to pick and why, but the websites others already gave you can help you with that. You basically are staying on-site and some hotels give you nice views of the parks. I think you can find some good deals, too. Some hotels are more expensive than others, obviously, so some comparison shopping is required. It really all depends on what you're looking for in a hotel.

Good luck!

I, too, stayed at the Royal Plaza in the mid 1980s. It was very nice but I am one of those people who MUST stay on site. That was my one and only time staying off-site.

Thank you so much mouseteacher and Laura

I will research it more. I love staying onsite too. But we are trying to buy a house so i want to keep this trip as cheap as we can, without being too far away. I stayed at the riverside for 5 nights last year and then we went to the vistana resort. LIke i said before i got ingaged last year in disney on my birthday. We got married 7 months later and didn't really have a honeymoon. So lets go back and have one in my favorite place on earch. Even though my family is coming with us. but who cares, i love going with a bunch of people you love. Thank you again and if anyone else has any input at all please tell me. I am only researching now and gathering up enough information now and then i will book. I am hoping i will get a good code when i go and it will bring down the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter