What is the most valuable item you have accidentally left in a public place

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
I would say my coat with my wallet inside it in a restrauant , only realised when I got home

Also my dad a few times has left his walking stick in a trolley in the supermarket a few times

Oh man right after I got married I left my wedding ring in the bathroom at work:scared1:
a coworker brought it back to my desk.

I know you're not supposed to take your ring off to wash your hands but I did. I didn't like my diamond getting all gunky from the soap. I learned my lesson after that time and don't do it anymore.

My purse at a restaurant when we were on a road trip. Luckily we caught it early and went back and they had it behind the counter.

On our recent trip to SeaWorld my card holder fell out of my cargo capris pocket on the Mako roller coaster. It had cash, my ID, credit cards and gift cards in it. Luckily a worker found it under the loading area and turned it into customer service. I got everything back, even the cash. What a relief!!

As a very young kid, I was infatuated with this attaché case, filled to the brim with potato chips. One day I left it under the table at a top London restaurant. Bear in mind this was during the Troubles with the IRA. Anyway, long story short, they called the bomb squad in who performed a controlled explosion on the case...

Chips. Everywhere.

Wallet...left in the food court when was in college.a woman who lived in the office tower across from it found it and found my number in it so I got it back the same day.

Also lost my marriage certificate shortly after getting it also at the Mall. I had just gone to the baxk to change my name. It was nevee found so I had replace it.

Zeiss binoculars. Didn’t even miss them for a month. Called around. Got them back from an innkeeper!

I'm hard on engagement rings; well, the first was actually a "promise" ring.

Ring #1: We were driving cross-country in the summer in a compact car with no a/c. I was driving and took my green topaz ring off, set it in the lap of my skirt. Stopped to get gas, hopped out, pumped, went on our way. About an hour down the road I realized I wasn't wearing my ring. We back-tracked and there it was; someone had set it on top of the gas pump! It was a little "crunched" but it was silver so the jeweler easily formed it back into shape.

Ring #2: Amethyst with diamond chips. I was working all day setting up a dinner/performance fundraiser. I was changing in the dressing room (into my big-kid evening clothes) and took off my ring to put on pantyhose. Didn't want to snag them. Totally forgot to put the ring back on and never saw it again. :sad2: Oddly enough, the building we were in underwent renovations to become faculty office spaces. Three years after I lost my ring, that space was assigned to my husband as his office!

Ring #3: Center diamond (1/3 carat) with ruby side stones. Hot summer in MI and I was pregnant, with swelling feet and fingers. I took my ring off somewhere while doing errands and never saw it again. I'm still pretty sure that I put it in my shorts pocket (slash pockets) and it fell out in the car- the one my FIL vacuumed that evening, but I didn't realize the ring was gone for a little bit. It was either that or I put it in my change purse and took it out when paying for something (back in the day when people actually carried cash/change).

Ring #4 is three garnets with diamond side-chips. It's on my left hand. If I take it off, it goes on a toe, between my lips, or in a ring dish, depending on where I am and what I'm doing!!

ETA: I just remembered- I left my Disney VISA card at the gas station across from the Boardwalk Inn. We stopped to get cold drinks on our way to BWI, where we changed and then went to dinner at Boma. That's when I discovered my card was missing, but I knew right where it was. We took the bus back to BWI but it was late, so I decided to wait until the next morning to get my card. SURPRISE!! Not only was the gas station closed, but there was chain-link fencing up around the lot and they were pulling up the underground tanks! Called Chase and they were great, canceled it and offered to overnight a new card (but we had a back-up with us), etc.

Last edited:
As a very young kid, I was infatuated with this attaché case, filled to the brim with potato chips. One day I left it under the table at a top London restaurant. Bear in mind this was during the Troubles with the IRA. Anyway, long story short, they called the bomb squad in who performed a controlled explosion on the case...

Chips. Everywhere.

I'm not sure if you are kidding, but we had a similar incident a few years ago. My husband and I took the train from our town into Edinburgh for the day, and he forgot his rucksack on the overhead luggage rack. He realised before we left the exit barriers, and when he sprinted back to the train to retrieve it, there were 3 old ladies all talking excitedly to 2 British Transport Police, all standing in the train and pointing to our rucksack. Oops. The memory still makes me laugh, though I must say that the Transport Police reaction was very fast, as this all happened within 5 minutes, at the very most.

I left my Kindle Fire, I think it was a 1st or 2nd gen so I paid a couple hundred dollars for it, on the roof of my car and drove to Target. I guess the roof rack kind of held it in place because it was still there when I got out of the car.

I left my pocketbook (which alone was expensive) with wallet (credit cards, cash etc) at a restaurant. Realized it a few hours later. Called the rest. and they had put it in the office for me.

My son left one of our iPads at Cracker Barrel on our way home from Spring Break a couple of weeks ago. I drove back but the cashiers said nothing had been turned in. I started looking around and a lady came out of the kitchen with it.

I'm not sure if you are kidding, but we had a similar incident a few years ago. My husband and I took the train from our town into Edinburgh for the day, and he forgot his rucksack on the overhead luggage rack. He realised before we left the exit barriers, and when he sprinted back to the train to retrieve it, there were 3 old ladies all talking excitedly to 2 British Transport Police, all standing in the train and pointing to our rucksack. Oops. The memory still makes me laugh, though I must say that the Transport Police reaction was very fast, as this all happened within 5 minutes, at the very most.

I tell the truth. It was rather embarrassing... the bomb squad was NOT amused.

My Passport in the Ladies Room stall in MCO. I realized it and ran back and it was still there.

I have left my credit card at restaurants, very annoying. One time I left it at Raglan Road at Disney Springs. And didn’t realize until I was at airport the next day. I called, they had it. I told them to cut it up since I couldn’t get back there. I trusted that they did and called chase to get another card.

Another time I dropped a card on the floor at an Applebee’s in Taos NM. I didn’t realize until I was back in Santa Fe, about 1 hour or more drive. The manager found it and fed exed to my house. It was waiting for me when I returned from the trip.

I lost a camera in Disney world once. I just knew it was gone but it was at guest services when I stopped on the way out with no real hope that someone would turn it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter