What is the most Spur of the Moment Trip You've Taken to WDW?

This past Feb, we found a great deal on plane tickets, booked on Thursday and left on Monday for 4 nights. We went to escape the snow and got to FL in time for some nice record cold days.

So I'm going back in 2 weeks, I want my sunshine!!

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2: My dd & I work for the same company. After 6 trips in less than 2 years you can imagine reactions at work when we take time off. Together. Couple months ago the owner of our company talked me into taking the position I'm in now, so I made it very clear to him that we were planning trips in April & September and wanted no flack about both taking off at the same time.;)

We are the same way, but I am the always flexible one, at times DH's position has required he can't be off when his co-worker was, currently he is in a flex position too and we have taken advantage of it. No one bothers to ask where we are going anywhere, they know if we are both off, we are at WDW!

2 months. It may sound like enough time but it isn't, because we LOVE to plan way in advance. I got a juicy offer in the mail that was too good to pass up, and I booked the vacation the next day!

We've done spur of the moment within hours before many times... but because we live 3 hours away, lol. But we don't just go for overnight, I always have to go at LEAST 2 nights, prefer 3.

My little boys and I are leaving for Disney as soon as my husband gets home tonight... staying until Sunday. My girls are busy and we have annual passes so why not? LoL.

This isn't really about theme park attractions and strategies, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

We decided this week to go to WDW in 2 weeks for 3 days. Got a good deal on tickets and purchased some dvc points to SSR. woohooo:banana::yay:

My husband and I got married in Sept of 2007. We were taking a 2.5 week honeymoon but needed to wait until Nov to take it in order for us to have that much time off in one chunk. We were getting married Saturday and on Thursday I was lamenting that I'd be going back in to work on Monday after getting married and had to wait so long for our honeymoon. The next day, Friday, he surprised me and told me he booked us a week long trip at Disney in Grand Floridian theme park view concierge for a mini honeymoon. (I have no idea how that room was available.) We left for Disney that Monday. Not only was it short notice, but short notice with the few days between crammed full of wedding events. haha Wonderful trip.

DH and I were all set to go SCUBA in the FL Keys in Sept 2008. Had the grandma/sitter flying over for our kids, his business was going to get new tile while he was gone, etc. No way to change the dates.

Four days before we were supposed to leave, Hurricane Ike was looking very much like it was going to do a major hit on the Keys, and they started to evacuate! I had been tracking the storm and had starting thinking the "what ifs" out.

So the next morning I called FL. Canceled everything in Key Largo. I was able to rebook our tickets to go to Orlando because of the weather, got the cheapest available onsite room and tickets, and reserved a dive in the EPCOT aquarium as a "consolation prize" for DH missing the SCUBA.

I asked about 10 different questions over the next couple days on the DIS, and off we went.

(Ike turned at the last minute and we watched Galveston under water from our room at CBR)

PHXscuba

p..s We did get to the Keys the next fall, and DH liked WDW enough that we are taking the kids next year!

The week before. I decided I was going and told my mum, then booked the flight and a room at the Dolphin. 5 hours before my flight, I packed, then I was on my way to the airport and then on my way to WDW :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter