What is the most Spur of the Moment Trip You've Taken to WDW?

Sneezie

<font color=darkorchid>I don't like unfinished tri
A few years ago, my sister's co-worker went on a trip to Disney World. She returned on a Tuesday and told my sister all about her trip. Two days later, we were in the car headed to Disney World! The whole way down, we kept saying to each other "Are we really doing this?" and giggling. Then, when we got there, their weekly brochure had a picture of a little boy squealing in delight, clutching a balloon and the words "Can you believe you're really here?"

That was the most spur of the moment trip we've ever taken! It was before I ever found the DISboards and didn't know a thing about making ADRs or touring plans. I know it may be hard for some of the DISplanners to fathom this but it was great!!!

Anyone else ever took a VERY spur of the moment trip?

30 minutes. We woke up had a 3 day weekend with nothing to do. Looked at each other and said lets go to WDW. I showered, Alan called Southwest and booked tickets. While he showered I packed and got a room reservation.

It was a great trip!

I WISH!

In my mind, if I win the lottery, that's the first thing I'd do...does that count?! :confused3

well...its actually a quick return....
my wonderful parents instilled the Disney obsessive nature into me and we went pretty much every year-ish.
Bear in mind that I am from UK so its not just hop in the car and drive a couple of hours.

One particular year we went to WDW for 3 weeks..had a wonderful time of course, and the day we got back home we were sat out in our garden because the weather was pretty nice for a change...I remember dad saying..."just think, this time yesterday we were in WDW...oh to be there again"
Mum said "seriously?" Dad "yeah"

nest thing is mum dissapears.....40 mins later she comes back out into the garden and tell us we are going back in 4 days....she booked us another 2 weeks!
So we hopped back on a plain and went back haha

Great year!
Didnt even really unpack!:cool1:

30 minutes. We woke up had a 3 day weekend with nothing to do. Looked at each other and said lets go to WDW. I showered, Alan called Southwest and booked tickets. While he showered I packed and got a room reservation.

It was a great trip!

Wow! 30 minutes!!! I think they'd have to scrape me off of the ceiling if I ever went to Disney World that spur of the moment! I would love it though!!!

well...its actually a quick return....
my wonderful parents instilled the Disney obsessive nature into me and we went pretty much every year-ish.
Bear in mind that I am from UK so its not just hop in the car and drive a couple of hours.

One particular year we went to WDW for 3 weeks..had a wonderful time of course, and the day we got back home we were sat out in our garden because the weather was pretty nice for a change...I remember dad saying..."just think, this time yesterday we were in WDW...oh to be there again"
Mum said "seriously?" Dad "yeah"

nest thing is mum dissapears.....40 mins later she comes back out into the garden and tell us we are going back in 4 days....she booked us another 2 weeks!
So we hopped back on a plain and went back haha

Great year!
Didnt even really unpack!:cool1:

My goodness! We had a 12 hour drive, I can't imagine going on a 12 hour flight after 4 days. That is serious! But 5 weeks worth of Disney sounds like heaven!!!

last August 5th(4pm) Dsis and I decided to go for my birthday August 6th. I packed and we then headed to Dsis house grabbed her clothes and our 77 year old mom while DD called DVC and snagged us a reservation at SSR for a couple of nights and BWV for a couple of nights. We drove all night. I was turning 55 and wanted to make the most of it and of course we did. We even took a day trip to Clearwater Beach. Susan

DH and I decided 1 hour before we left, about 4 p.m. on a Friday. We packed quickly, grabbed DS then 7 and DS then 5, got in the car and drove 16 hours to WDW. We did AK and Epcot on Saturday. We stayed at POR on Saturday night. We woke up on Sunday Morning did EMH at MK through lunch. We left WDW at 2:00 p.m. drove 16 hours home in time for work and school on Monday. The four of us had a blast! Our DSs still talk about it.

It was a great trip!

Darn. I thought I'd have it but Chicagodisneyfan beat me.

Last Tuesday my husband got a call asking him to go to Orlando the next day for work. It was snowing here when he called to tell me (yes snow on April 27). Since we have annual passes, he said there was no way he was going to Orlando without me (don't ya have to love a guy like that? :goodvibes ).

So we booked our flights for Wednesday am (flew out while it was still snowing here) and had dinner at Downtown Disney Wednesday night.

I'm not even close! I thought 4 or 5 weeks was "spur of the moment!" *LOL*

In late January or early February, 2006, I noticed a hole in my calendar for about a week in early March. I had an SWA RT Rapid Rewards voucher that was going to expire in April. Pop Century had a terrific discount on room rates. I booked. I went solo and thoroughly enjoyed it! It wasn't my first solo WDW visit, it was just the most spontaneous I've been in a number of years! *LOL*

I'm so jealous! I would love to just think a weekend in WDW would be fun and then just go!

I think the closest we came to last minute was having a hotel booked in Orlando with plans for Sea World and Universal and deciding we really would rather go back to WDW, and changing all our reservations about 2 or 3 weeks before going to on-site WDW and Disney parks only

LOL I thoguht my three week first trip was spur of the moment I guess not! I would love to leave 30 minutes after deciding to go!

Dang 30 mins is quick, I thought I was quick at 2 hours. Dh and I had planned an adult only trip to Biloxi for a long 4 day weekend. That morning DS3 wakes up with earache and DMIL won't watch him. So since we both had the time off work and now had the kids we loaded up DS3 and DD2 and took off to WDW. And like a pp said this was long before I discovered the boards or knew anything about pre-planning a trip. Still we had a great time because we went at a much slower pace due to the young ones. And I know for a fact that's when I drank the Disney Kool-Aid.

In 2007, we decided about six weeks ahead of time to go to WDW, which is pretty nuts for us ocd planners! :rotfl2:

Jan 09 which was my first trip to WDW. (went to DL in 1999)

We got the draw on national championship tickets (Boomer Sooner), my step dad really wanted to go, I wasn't, mom was but could care less about football game. I was helping plan out the trip with only about 3 weeks notice. Found out it was cheaper to fly in to Orlando, could get a room deal for $50 at ASMu and the rental car had unlimited milage, at that point I was in and I ended up at the game with step dad while mom gambled at Hardrock.

We arrived on a Tuesday did DTD, Wed was MK, shopping, then back to MK, Thursday we drove to Hollywood for the game, Friday we drove across alligator alley to Naples then flew out of Ft Myers Friday night.

Quite a whirlwind but totally whet my appetite for the World. And lets face it three weeks to plan out 4 whirlwind days was made so much easier since I'd been on the Dis for a bout a year at the time. I don't even want to imagine how I would have planned it if I had not had the DIS.

I live with my dd & her 2 kids. Christmas day after all the festivities, kids gone away to their dad's for the weekend, dd & I looked at each other & you know it. She called, got a room @ PoP, we packed, took a long nap (Yeah right!!), & left around midnight. Best 2days ever!!!

I have twice, from Washington DC.

In 2001 a few days before Columbus Day we saw a special rate for the Courtyard on Hotel Plaza Blvd for $25 per night. We checked the airlines and booked some tickets. We had APs and never computed meal costs at WDW, as we normally ate out a lot at home.

Four days parking at Dulles, round trip for two IAD-MCO, four days of a rental car and four nights at the hotel cost a total of $513 including all taxes.

The other time was in May 2002 when on the 15th we saw in The Disney Magazine that Journey Into Imagination With Figment was opening on June 1. We each walked into our offices the next morning and told our bosses "I have to make an emergency trip to Disney World". We floew down after work on May 30 and back home on June 3rd.

This March. I had hoped we could go to Disney for March Break, but I hadn't seen any reasonable airfares. I was sulking and I looked at jetblue's website feeling sorry for myself....they had 20.00 airfares!!!The fares were for the NEXT morning at 700 am. I booked it!!! The only problem was...I had to work (I'm a nurse in a busy PICU), my son (11) is a insulin dependent diabetic so it involves more planning, we had no place to stay, and no way to get home, my son had a Dr's appointment and we had to leave at 2:30am to get to the airport on time. We had a blast! When I booked the room through Disney, they only had 4 nights available and I knew we would need at least 7. I hpoed for the best and after 3 nights we were able to book 3 more. We still didn't have airfare home yet. After 5 nights I was able to get a decent airfare home.
It was great!

Yeah I thought my last trip booked at 5 weeks out was pretty wild and crazy. Sounds like so much fun to just pick up and go! Filing that idea away for future reference...though with work I would not want to go without giving notice, and I would want to do more than a weekend if I were to make the trip...so it probably won't happen!

We each walked into our offices the next morning and told our bosses "I have to make an emergency trip to Disney World". We floew down after work on May 30 and back home on June 3rd.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2: My dd & I work for the same company. After 6 trips in less than 2 years you can imagine reactions at work when we take time off. Together. Couple months ago the owner of our company talked me into taking the position I'm in now, so I made it very clear to him that we were planning trips in April & September and wanted no flack about both taking off at the same time.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter