• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

I personally think Five Guys (too greasy) and Popeyes (I can't get past the poor service and lack of cleanliness). But Starbucks is at the top of my list. The coffee tastes burnt to me and it is so pricey.
But I must have unrefined tastes because I like Chic and Panera.

plus they over cook the burgers and it’spretty expensive.
Can't say that I've ever had an overcooked burger there. It IS cooked to well but it's a thin patty so you pretty much have to. The tradeoff is that by cooking on the flattop you're getting (or should be getting) some nice crust on the burger.

As far as if it's overrated? Yeah, it probably is. It's a darn good burger. It's better than In n Out. It's better than Burgers Priest (which IMO is a super overrated Toronto chain) and I've not been disappointed eating there, but it's not That Place where I must go to get a burger.

How about the other end of the spectrum with Dick's? I've been to Dick's a few times. It thought it was fine, but the big deal used to be how cheap it was. I think it was $1.25 for a 1/8 lb burger. The last time I was there I think it went up to maybe $1.75. It's just kind of strange when a no-frills place known for being cheap starts raising their prices because it's trendy.

Every time I see one of those Dick's burgers I think of that Wendy's commercial, Wheres the Beef.

Exercise would improve the taste of any food. My cousins in Canada tend to favor Dairy Queen. Fries with gravy. Not poutine because no cheese curds. 4 of them worked at KFC as teens so they avoid there. Their mom asked one of them to cut up a whole chicken for dinner at home and horrified that instead of 8 pieces, there were 10. That's how the Colonel stretches a chicken, cutting chickens into pieces that don't exist.

I love KFC's Original Fried Chicken.

That and Popeye's Spicy Fried Chicken.

DD likes Taco Bell. Never had a problem eating there I think she gets the supreme chicken burrito or something like that. So last week at work someone made a Taco Bell run and upon their return she was given the wrong thing, but she ate it anyway. Well she paid the price and was miserable for the rest of the day, saying “Now I understand why people say they can’t eat Taco Bell”! :lmao:

Can't say that I've ever had an overcooked burger there. It IS cooked to well but it's a thin patty so you pretty much have to. The tradeoff is that by cooking on the flattop you're getting (or should be getting) some nice crust on the burger.

As far as if it's overrated? Yeah, it probably is. It's a darn good burger. It's better than In n Out. It's better than Burgers Priest (which IMO is a super overrated Toronto chain) and I've not been disappointed eating there, but it's not That Place where I must go to get a burger.

Honestly after a certain point a burger is just a burger.

Five Guys just reminds me of Fuddruckers Burgers but the Fuddrucker's Buns are better when fresh out of the bakery and Five Guys doesn't have the Jalepeno Cheddar Cheese which I slather on my Fuddrucker's buns. So when people rave about Five Guys, I shrug and say it's just Fuddrucker's burgers, been there, done that.

DD likes Taco Bell. Never had a problem eating there I think she gets the supreme chicken burrito or something like that. So last week at work someone made a Taco Bell run and upon their return she was given the wrong thing, but she ate it anyway. Well she paid the price and was miserable for the rest of the day, saying “Now I understand why people say they can’t eat Taco Bell”! :lmao:
And now it's time to pay the price

Exercise would improve the taste of any food. My cousins in Canada tend to favor Dairy Queen. Fries with gravy. Not poutine because no cheese curds. 4 of them worked at KFC as teens so they avoid there. Their mom asked one of them to cut up a whole chicken for dinner at home and horrified that instead of 8 pieces, there were 10. That's how the Colonel stretches a chicken, cutting chickens into pieces that don't exist.
Maybe they did that in the past (my husband swears they used to cut a whole breast into 3 pieces in the 80's which would create 9 pieces instead of 8), or maybe they do that in Canada, but they certainly don't now in the US. I do at home, though. It makes for better fried chicken with more even cooking to cut the breast into pieces. Of course, at home, I'm not charging by the piece.

Love (and miss) In-and-Out. Grilled onions and extra sauce 🤤. Tried Whataburger wasn’t impressed.

Not a big fan of Chipotle, Qudoba, or Moes. Give me Taco Del Mar instead.

Subway makes bland sandwiches. I wish we had Togo's here in TN. Quiznos was ok too but they seem to have disappeared.

Hardees sucks. Carl’s Jr. Is so much better! Again, don’t have it here in TN 😢

Clearly I’m missing my west coast fast food.

In n out has great fries. I’m not a big fan of their burgers.

Maybe they did that in the past (my husband swears they used to cut a whole breast into 3 pieces in the 80's which would create 9 pieces instead of 8), or maybe they do that in Canada, but they certainly don't now in the US. I do at home, though. It makes for better fried chicken with more even cooking to cut the breast into pieces. Of course, at home, I'm not charging by the piece.
This was in the early 1970's. While I haven't bought a bucket of KFC chicken in decades, that does explain those mystery pieces in the bucket. I suspect these days KFC doesn't even buy whole chickens and cut them up in the restaurants, I suspect they come in pre-cut.

Every time I see one of those Dick's burgers I think of that Wendy's commercial, Wheres the Beef.

2 oz. Same size as In-N-Out. It think it's pretty reasonable because most people eat too much meat anyways.

In n out has great fries. I’m not a big fan of their burgers.

In-N-Out has great fries? What they use (Kennebec potatoes) are totally unsuitable for the way they cook them. They're soft unless one asks for them well done, and then they have about the consistency of a potato chip.

Those are good potatoes they use, but they need to be double fried. I had Kennebec fries that were slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

In-N-Out has great fries? What they use (Kennebec potatoes) are totally unsuitable for the way they cook them. They're soft unless one asks for them well done, and then they have about the consistency of a potato chip.

Those are good potatoes they use, but they need to be double fried. I had Kennebec fries that were slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Compared to other fast food equivalents, I consider them good. This isn’t high end dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter