What is the most inexpensive/decent area hotel?

SAVINGUP

Earning My Ears
Boy, am I last minute charlie or what!??!
We are leaving for Fla. tomorrow bright and early and I can't wait!
Disney/Orlando is just one aspect of our trip. We are on a very, very tight budget. We have three kids (11,9,3) and figured the older ones are growing so fast that we wanted to get to WDW before they don't want to go with us! Anyway, to make a long story shorter, we have a place to stay in Florida (with a relative) on the east coast (1/2hr south of Datona) and the drive is about 1-1/2 to 2 hours each way. I tried looking into hotels in the WDW area that we could return to maybe mid-day to unwind, use the pool, and maybe our 3 yo can take a nap ;) BUT, they are all so expensive and then there is the factor of 4 vs. 5 in a room! So, does anyone know the names of hotels they would recommend that isn't too far away, and not too expensive??
Of course when I saw the Marriott posts (20.02) I called but I was told that they are booked up from the 8th to the 25th -- I will try again to see if there are cancellations but I really doubt that people would cancel at least 48 hours prior if they are charged regardless! I'm sorry this is so long and hopefully when I return I'll be able to have pointers to offer others--!!:eek: aside from don't wait till the last minute!:eek:
Thanks!

What is your price range and have you taken a look at the Mousesavers website (http://www.mousesavers.com? That site provides a description of off-site properties that the site owner has visited. I belive there is special pricing (under $100/night) for Mousesavers visitors at the Radisson Resort [in Kissimee (sp?)] and at the Royal Plaza Hotel (Downtown Disney area).

You mighht also try the Marriott website (www.marriott.com . You may be able to get a room at the Fairfied Inn in the Marriott Village (there are two other hotels on this property--Courtyard Marriott and Springhill Suites) for between $49-$59/night (tax not included).

I hope this information is helpful.

We just got back (7/24-7/31) from staying at Hampton Inn Maingate West, 3000 Maingate Lane (West Kissimmee between Marker 5 and 6 on 192-turn at the Big Mermaid). We were 2 blocks from the "back entrance" to WDW (Entry Pointe Ln.) I got the room thru HotelKingdom.com for $45/ nt for 7 nites. Very clean, new hotel, free continental bkfst, small outdoor pool. We were as close as the All Stars for almost 1/3 of the price. We were: myself, DW, DD-11 and DS-6. If you can manage to sleep with your 3yo DK using 2 full beds, this might work for you. You'll probably need to give at least 24 hr notice to get this thru hotelkingdom. :cool:

My friend got the Holiday Inn Suites for $89.00 a night and that included breakfast and a separate room for the kids. Also, do you have the Entertainment Book or AAA? We often find good deals in there which we use the night we arrive. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter