• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most annoying thing you have experienced another guest doing at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got really upset with another guest just one time that sticks out in all my trips. We were waiting for a parade in MK. We had staked out our spots for a bit of time so my two kids were sitting right under the rope and DH and I were directly behind the kids. At the start of the parade, a woman gets in front of us and literally pushes the rope forward enough for her and her family to stand directly in front of my kids.

I was so mad that I took her picture and posted it on my facebook wall. Really mature, right? ;)

Similar happened to my husband on the bridge towards Adventureland. He put his hands up to stop the woman and accidentally got a handful of ****. He was so embarrassed and apologized but she was just in her own world LOL. Gave us all a good laugh.

My poor husband. On our honeymoon, we were in line to check in at Sci Fi. This little boy in front of him turns around, gives him a huge hug, and says, "Hi daddy!" My husband had no idea what to do as he had never seen this child before. Luckily, the kid quickly discovered his mistake and hid behind his mom. Poor kid.

Worst...
"Bye wheelchair!" My only remark was "My daughter has a proper name and its Shavonne!" :headache: After she got off everyone clapped and started to chat. It was an awful experience for everyone.

Truly despicable.

I would have gotten in her face if I was there...but, that's just me. BTW, my daughter's middle name is Siobhan! Same name, different spelling!

Hard to find a fellow sha-von!

whoever posted the story about their daughter in the wheelchair, that is OUTRAGEOUS and I have been going over in my head all of the things I want to say to that woman on your behalf.
Me too!!!! I feel bad for the people on the bus too. I would so badly want to intervene, but I wouldn't want to cause more embarrassment

That totally depends on the child and the parent. When he was young, we forced my nephew onto a ride in Dollywood that is a lot like Kali River Rapids. He was nervous the whole time we were waiting, saying he didn't want to go. When we were done, he wanted to go again.

Some parents do know how far to push their children.

I have to agree.
We have 9 grandkids and the year they turn 11 we take them to Disney World. Prior to leaving we have several conversations prior to our trip, that everyone will ride every ride 1 time since they may not ever get to go to Disney World again and you will never know if you like a ride if you don't ride it. If they love it, we can ride again if they want, if not they don't have to but EVERYONE in our party will ride everything once. I realize 11 may be different than 5 but this year, our middle son planned a trip to Disney World for his family and since me and DH are normally the ones to take our grandkids on their first trip, they asked us to join them. This trip we will have a 10 yr old and a 7 yr old. We have talked several times about everyone riding every ride at least 1 time, etc. I believe knowing this in advance prevents a lot of apprehensiveness once you get there. I can tell you that this 54 yr old grandma hates ToT but I ride it once since we all have an agreement.

My biggest pet peeve is when people who have been on the ride before talk through the "pre-show" movies like in ToT and HM. I always stand there and quietly think about how some of the magic is gone for the "first-timers."

And the flash photography jerks my chain too.

As or the rest of the stuff in this thread, people are different and we come from different "cultures." Even as Americans we are wildly different and possess different tendencies that are annoying. Be kind folks; we are all in this together.

This thread is not adding anything to trip planning.
Therefore thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter