What is the latest you can remain onboard on disembarkation day?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
My family and I are doing a side by side, first on the Disney Magic and then the Celebrity Beyond.

The Celebrity ship is going to be busy kicking passengers off as well and I don't want to arrive at the terminal before they might be letting people in. I figure it will take 20-30 minutes to get from the Disney terminal to the Celebrity terminal at Ft Lauderdale so I want to stay on the Disney ship as long as possible.

What is the latest Disney lets people stay on board on disembarkation day?

ALL passengers who are not doing a B2B must be scanned off before B2B passengers can reboard and the NEW Passengers can be let on and in our cruising experience of the various lines we have been on everybody needed to be off by 9 to 9:30.

You have to be out of your cabin by 8. A lot of the areas like the lounges will be closed off. You should be off by 9.
Pretty much everything is going to be shutdown by 830 am and if you aren't off the ship by then, they expect you to be in line to get off the ship trying to get off. Our last Disney cruise, disembarkation started about 7:30 am and was steady but slow. Some folks we met on line we ran into at the airport and were among the last to get off the ship at 10:15 am. They got in line about 8:30 am, it just took that much time to get everyone through customs and into the terminal.

It is, at the longest, 8 minutes between terminals in Port Everglades (driving time), and usually more like 4 minutes, assuming you are not parking.

One thing you can do pretty easily is take the Water Taxi for a tour of Fort Lauderdale. The closest pickup is about a half mile from the Disney terminal (one traffic light). I've asked one of the captains how long it takes to complete a circuit and the first sailing- I've known him for almost 50 years.

One thing you can do pretty easily is take the Water Taxi for a tour of Fort Lauderdale. The closest pickup is about a half mile from the Disney terminal (one traffic light). I've asked one of the captains how long it takes to complete a circuit and the first sailing- I've known him for almost 50 years.
As promised. the first Water Taxi boat is at 10sm. It takes 3 hours to complete a circuit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter