What is the latest on popcorn buckets?

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
I read in a post a month or two ago that you are no longer allowed to have your old bucket refilled. Has anyone brought an old bucket onto the ship and had it refilled?

I read in a post a month or two ago that you are no longer allowed to have your old bucket refilled. Has anyone brought an old bucket onto the ship and had it refilled?
Curious to know this too; it'll save me some luggage space if I dont't need to bring one :)

Never tried that, but I assume whether they fill it is highly dependent on your counter/attendant. Get a good one = filled. Get a rule follower = probably not. LOL

We have often used a Lion King popcorn bucket we bought on a 2019 cruise and have received compliments on it from the popcorn vendors. No problems at all!

No, it is an African drum shape. Gold with a flat brown lid and a Lion King brown strap.

My DD bought a Figmet popcorn bucket at EPCOT. Has anyone refilled a popcorn bucket on the ship that was purchased in the parks? Otherwise, she will bring the one that she bought on the Fantasy last year. Thank you!

I have often wondered about that - using your normal WDW buckets...
Our friends did that when we cruised together in January of 2023, but I've heard that they are no longer allowing that or cracking down on it and only allowing those purchased on board to be used. But it seems that enforcement is very inconsistent. Our friends live locally and drive, so they bring the full contents of their house when they cruise (I don't think I even own as many suitcases as they do!). I have to be very judicious in what I can pack, not just because of weight and volume, but because I doubt a popcorn bucket would survive being crammed into a suitcase. If you don't have those issues, I'd be tempted to try and just shrug if they won't accept it, but if I had to sacrifice suitcase space on the off-chance I could save a couple of dollars on popcorn, that would be a no for me.

We always pack our popcorn bucket on cruises. We fill it with clothes, socks, or things that need an extra protection and it takes up very little extra space. It isn’t a shaped one like Simba or Figment, though.

Last October, after our Sydney cruise, I was unpacking and opened our popcorn bucket and was delighted to find we had packed our little chocolates left on our bed each night in the bucket. I had forgotten we had packed them there and it was like we had been trick or treating! 👻🎃

We always bring two buckets. One we use for popcorn and the other we fill with cookies to eat either in the cabin or bring with us to watch movies in the Buena Vista Theater.

Brilliant idea! We will do that on our next cruise.
On the Dream/Fantasy, go to Flo’s Cafe and on the Magic/Wonder, go to Daisy’s De-Lites and ask for a plate of 20 cookies. They can’t fill the bucket up directly because of health codes regulations (which I find weird because there’s no problem with filling the same bucket with popcorn). 20 cookies fills up the bucket to the brim. Enjoy!

We have never brought a previous dcl popcorn bucket. We didn't know it was permitted and we never thought they would run out.

However, we wish we had when we went last September on our Transatlantic cruise. Because it was still part of the silver anniversary cruise, they ran out of those special buckets but didn't get new ones and didn't have any of the previous ones. We just purchased the expensive disposable ones...My husband vows to bring it each time from now on for that reason.

Just got off the Fantasy, brought the regular popcorn bucket from the parks. Refills were $1.77 (that included tax)
Will bring our 5 year old Marvel bucket along and see what happens. If they don't refill it with popcorn at the refill rate, we'll go and fill it with fries, cookies or something else that is free. LOL. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter