What is the last book you read that you absolutely couldn’t put down?

It’s a tie between Beneath A Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan and
Red Notice by Bill Browder. Two different types of books but I Dindnt want to put either down.

It's been a LONG time since I have had a book engage me in that way. 11/22/63 was one of them. However, 20 or more years ago, I could regularly find really good books that were real page turners. I think the standards of what makes a good book (as well as editing skills) have dropped.

I would say the last books I can remember that gripped me like that were some of the Outlander books, The Fault in Our Stars, 11/22/63, but nothing real recent.

The only one that comes to mind right now is the Steve Jobs biography, The Man Who Thought Different. It's been a few years since I read it and it was fascinating, I couldn't put it down. My ex-husband owned his own computer programming company in the late 90s and I was so enmeshed in nerdy-culture at the time that there was actually a lot I could relate to. My ex-husband used to joke about the "six inch drop test" and before reading that biography, I had no idea that was a real thing, I thought it was a joke!

It's been a long time for me too. The last would have been the most recent volume of George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. Years and years ago now and since GOT has finished the story for us, I doubt anybody even cares anymore if Martin ever does.

It was many years ago and I really only read non-fiction these days, but The Dark Tower series was an amazing adventure for me. I very rarely read fiction, but my brother talked me into reading the first of the series after he had completed it. I really enjoyed it.

“The Great Alone” by Kristin Hannah. I described it to my DH like this, “That was an amazing book, I got zero sleep because I couldn’t put it down. I don’t suggest reading it though, it’s gut wrenching.”

It's a teen/young adult book that my college bound daughter read over the summer. "Little Do We Know" by Tamara Ireland Stone

Last one I couldn't put down was Room. I read a lot during the summer but that was the first book in a long time that had me totally sucked in.

It was many years ago and I really only read non-fiction these days, but The Dark Tower series was an amazing adventure for me. I very rarely read fiction, but my brother talked me into reading the first of the series after he had completed it. I really enjoyed it.

I 100% agree! I’m not usually into fantasy stuff like that but I could NOT stop reading it. Unfortunately, I read faster than they were written.

My one wish is that someone would do the series justice by having 7-8 movies. The movie released a few years ago was disgraceful. And, as much as I like Idris Elba, he is no gunslinger.

I could go on and on and on but I won’t..

It’s a tie between Beneath A Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan and
Red Notice by Bill Browder. Two different types of books but I Dindnt want to put either down.

I LOVED Beneath a Scarlet Sky. It was so good. I can't believe it was true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter