What is the largest party size recommended to secure ADRs?

Tormania

DIS Veteran
For our upcoming trip to WDW after Thanksgiving we will be a party of 10 (3 from our family and 7 from our friend's family). We aren't planning to do too many ADRs but I know that a party of 10 can be a problem securing ADRs compared to a couple ADRs of say 5 people. What has been your experience with how big of a party can you have and still be fairly confident you can secure semi-difficult ADRs?

The restaurants we are looking at are as follows:
CRT - 7 people (just for our friends) *special case, I know this is supper hard to score, we are trying to 180+1 days for this one
Crystal Palace - 10 people
H&V - 10 people
Oga's Cantina - 10 people

For our upcoming trip to WDW after Thanksgiving we will be a party of 10 (3 from our family and 7 from our friend's family). We aren't planning to do too many ADRs but I know that a party of 10 can be a problem securing ADRs compared to a couple ADRs of say 5 people. What has been your experience with how big of a party can you have and still be fairly confident you can secure semi-difficult ADRs?

The restaurants we are looking at are as follows:
CRT - 7 people (just for our friends) *special case, I know this is supper hard to score, we are trying to 180+1 days for this one
Crystal Palace - 10 people
H&V - 10 people
Oga's Cantina - 10 people
We've done 10 & 11 at Crystal palace and H&V.

I would just start trying for 10 and then break it down as far as you have to to get the reservation.

Chef Mickeys did a party of 19 for me last Nov. BOG did a party of 10, but it was late (9pm). have a family of 6, but we often take my son’s girlfriend or another family member (have to have 2 room, so why let beds go to waste). I’ve found anything over 6 gets iffy at most restaurants, but I will split up into 2 groups at similar times. I get there early and tell the check in that I have 2 ADR, and if it’s possible could they put us close to each other. Almost every time they get us next to each other.

I think the easiest one to get that will include your whole party will be Crystal Palace. The others you may need to split up or take a weird time for your ADR (like an early or late dinner, etc).

For guidance on ADR party sizes, I often refer to WDW Prep School's breakdown by restaurant. It's a little old, so not every restaurant at WDW is listed, but it's a good place to start so you can get an idea of what to expect ahead of time. I hope this helps!

Oga’s won’t matter because it is mostly standing room only so it shouldn’t really matter whether whether you book as one group or two. Crystal palace and H&V shouldn’t be too hard to get. CRT will be a challenge-lunch is an easier reservation to get than dinner.

We just booked 7 days worth of ADRs for a party of 10 - here's what we were able to get:

Yachtsman Dinner - SPLIT into 5 & 5 (got same time slot)
Bon Voyage @ Trattoria al Forno Breakfast - OK for 10
Rose & Crown Dinner - OK for 10
Hollywood & Vine Breakfast - OK for 10
Brown Derby Dinner - SPLIT into 5 & 5 (got same time slot)
Cinderella's Royal Table Lunch - OK for 10
O'Hana Dinner - SPLIT into 5 & 5 (got same time slot)
Tusker House Lunch - OK for 10
Hoop De Doo Dinner - OK for 10
Sci Fi Dine in Lunch - OK for 10
Be Our Guest Dinner - SPLIT into 6 & 4 (got same time slot)
Crystal Palace Breakfast - OK for 10

We just booked 7 days worth of ADRs for a party of 10 - here's what we were able to get:

Yachtsman Dinner - SPLIT into 5 & 5 (got same time slot)
Bon Voyage @ Trattoria al Forno Breakfast - OK for 10
Rose & Crown Dinner - OK for 10
Hollywood & Vine Breakfast - OK for 10
Brown Derby Dinner - SPLIT into 5 & 5 (got same time slot)
Cinderella's Royal Table Lunch - OK for 10
O'Hana Dinner - SPLIT into 5 & 5 (got same time slot)
Tusker House Lunch - OK for 10
Hoop De Doo Dinner - OK for 10
Sci Fi Dine in Lunch - OK for 10
Be Our Guest Dinner - SPLIT into 6 & 4 (got same time slot)
Crystal Palace Breakfast - OK for 10

Thanks for that breakdown.

CRT is very hard even for a party of 4. We got once then decided to drop it as it was hard to justify $380 for dinner when we could get two meals for that.

Olga’s May be hard for ten as it’s very popular. Even though mostly standing it goes by slots available so smaller size may work better, try different party sizes. If you get two check in at same time and ask if there is space for all at once. You may get split in there and they don’t let you move around to where you want.

The buffets should not be an issue. Disney is use to. Larger parties but not all places can handle the same way due to how they are set up..

Good luck

Oga's does have booths that can seat 6-8ish. I don't think there's a spot they can fit 10 at one table. So if they do take a party of 10, they may get split between a booth and some nearby high-tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter