What is the Healthiest meal you eat often

Judging others for what they put on a bagel seems unfair. That is indeed an opinion.
And yes, bagels are considered a healthier option vs a donut, etc., as I stated. I did not mention what people put on it.
Offering unknowledgeable information that is not accurate seems unfair to those that asked the question.

Again you are reading judgement where there is none
If you question my nutritional information please reference the bag of any brand of bagels and and any package of cream cheese
I will admit that the comment that most do not eat bagels plain is observational-I rarely see anyone eating a plain bagel-ego my observation extrapolated says its not a common thing to eat a dry bagel
My mother, and two cousins are registered dieticians-no they do not consider bagels a healthy option.
I dont care what you eat and my responses to this particular message say little about what I eat-however my information is neither unknowledgeable or inaccurate-it just disagrees with yours-which is accurate to a point but also misleading on some others.
Healthy is not subjective i.e. media vs reality. moderation in all things is important. To mrodgers point-when you say healthier-healthier than what? A Bagel may not be the healthiest option but its healthier than a 1200 calorie omelet, potato and muffin platter at the local diner. So that is indeed subjective.

Spaghetti squash..🦐🦐🦐 of the garden. will absorb all the other flavors cooked and then placed on top of the spaghettis squash...mushrooms, cauliflower, spinach....and oh yes....shrimp in fettuccini sauce, which by the way there is none on the store shelf...whats up with that???

I make vegetarian Thai Curry a Lot. Eggplant , mushrooms, peppers, cilantro, sometimes squash , whatever else I have. I’ve learned not to use full fat coconut milk, now I use about 1/2 can Light coconut milk and thin it out with a little broth.
This sounds delicious! Would you please share the recipe?

Spaghetti squash..🦐🦐🦐 of the garden. will absorb all the other flavors cooked and then placed on top of the spaghettis squash...mushrooms, cauliflower, spinach....and oh yes....shrimp in fettuccini sauce, which by the way there is none on the store shelf...whats up with that???
Do you mean Alfredo sauce is not on your supermarket shelves?
if so one of the easiest Italian sauces to make at home.

Want to make it thick like the one in the jar? Simmer heavy cream, until reduced at least a 1/4 of the volume. Add butter, and grated Parmesan cheese with a bit of salt and black pepper to taste, and mix. When the cheese has melted, add not completely drained noodles to the sauce. Allow the water to incorporate, and serve.
HTH

As soon as any hard cheeses enters my house I grate them in the food processor and store in the freezer so I always have the tedious work done and the cheese lasts longer.

Want to make it thick like the one in the jar? Simmer heavy cream, until reduced at least a 1/4 of the volume. Add butter, and grated Parmesan cheese with a bit of salt and black pepper to taste, and mix. When the cheese has melted, add not completely drained noodles to the sauce. Allow the water to incorporate, and serve.
HTH

As soon as any hard cheeses enters my house I grate them in the food processor and store in the freezer so I always have the tedious work done and the cheese lasts longer.

Thank you...yep Alfredo sauce is missing from the shelves...going into week 3...🛒🛒🛒🕰🕰...alas... the beauty of the great squash is the time or attention that it does not need ....so a jar full of alfredo is just as lazy as cooking the squash. And you are right about the hard cheeses...every 4 weeks it seems that wine asile had hard cheeses 75% off....so I take a knife and cut off shreds and melt on my spinach and other veggies that need help.😉😉😉😉

How one eats is truly subjective; some have an obsession with carbs, some do not. IMHO it is about balance and moderation. Tracking calories does not mean healthy eating really necessarily, so no facts there. How do you know 'Very few people eat bagels plain'?
There is an excessive carb focused craze right now (keto) so people are focused on that. Any educated nutritionist will educate people on moderation; all food groups are necessary for a balanced diet and good health. Obsession with carb craziness is interesting and anectodical. No substantial science behind it; it still is a science work in progress.

Judging others for what they put on a bagel seems unfair. That is indeed an opinion.
And yes, bagels are considered a healthier option vs a donut, etc., as I stated. I did not mention what people put on it.
Offering unknowledgeable information that is not accurate seems unfair to those that asked the question.

There is information on the internet that says bagels are not a healthier option than something like a glazed donut because of the amount of carbs and sodium in a typical bagel, and that's before you put something on it. I've been following a healthful diet for the last few years while on Weight Watchers and I don't eat donuts anymore because I no longer enjoy things that are very sweet. I will occasionally have a bagel but I limit myself to a half at a time with just a TB of a reduced fat cream cheese or some spray butter and I make sure I have some lean protein (like an egg) with it for balance. I also like Thomas' Bagel Thins which give me the flavor that I want without all of the excess carbs. Balance is key but what that balance looks like can vary by individual.

....shrimp in fettuccini sauce, which by the way there is none on the store shelf...whats up with that???

I’ve found strange random shortages popping up too. I think it’s probably supply line issues from the pandemic - production plants temporarily closing due to virus clusters, imported things taking longer because of transportation restrictions, etc.

I guess roasted veggies with quinoa. We are (mostly) vegetarian so we are kind of mostly healthy eaters too. But right now I am enjoying a chunk of the giant hoagie that I made with 2 pounds of turkey, ham, pepperoni, and smoked provolone and cheddar. We're not eating healthy tonight :)

Kebabs with mushrooms, zucchini, squash, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, onion and chicken in a pineapple marinade....and now I'm off to do a grocery order online :D

That sounds great! Do you have a recipe that you're willing to share??:flower3:

I'm putting this in rotation this next week, but wimping out on kebob-ing it. I'll just put in on a sheet pan (sprayed with a little olive oil) and hope for the best. Thanks for the recipe!

Sorry - double posted!

Kebabs with mushrooms, zucchini, squash, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, onion and chicken in a pineapple marinade....and now I'm off to do a grocery order online :D

That sounds great! Do you have a recipe that you're willing to share??:flower3:

I'm putting this in rotation this next week, but wimping out on kebob-ing it. I'll just put in on a sheet pan (sprayed with a little olive oil) and hope for the best. Thanks for the recipe!

I do a couple of different bowls that I think are fairly healthy—or at least they can be—my DH usually manages to make my healthier meals unhealthy by adding things to his plate that I did not intend to be eaten together.

Greek Bowl: chicken in a Greek marinade sautéed, rice, tomato/cucumber salad, olives, feta cheese, lettuce, garbanzo beans (chickpeas) naan

Mexican Bowl: either taco style ground beef, chicken cooked with Mexican spices or the pork I would use for carnitas, rice, corn, black or pinto beans, cilantro, salsa, shredded lettuce, cheddar cheeses shreds, chopped tomato

I try to make mine heavy on the vegetables, with some protein (meat and beans) and a touch of cheese. I typically skip the rice and the naan.

I do a couple of different bowls that I think are fairly healthy—or at least they can be—my DH usually manages to make my healthier meals unhealthy by adding things to his plate that I did not intend to be eaten together.

Greek Bowl: chicken in a Greek marinade sautéed, rice, tomato/cucumber salad, olives, feta cheese, lettuce, garbanzo beans (chickpeas) naan

Mexican Bowl: either taco style ground beef, chicken cooked with Mexican spices or the pork I would use for carnitas, rice, corn, black or pinto beans, cilantro, salsa, shredded lettuce, cheddar cheeses shreds, chopped tomato

I try to make mine heavy on the vegetables, with some protein (meat and beans) and a touch of cheese. I typically skip the rice and the naan.

We actually had the Mexican version tonight using carnitas and black beans.I forgot when I typed this out that I usually also either have chopped avocado or guacamole and sour cream. I had avocados but no sour cream tonight and have corn in the freezer but forgot to make it. DH made in unhealthy by putting it over chips, leaving off any veggies and pouring jarred General Tso’s sauce over his chips, meat, rice, beans and cheese. The sauce was a bit unusual even for him.

Most often -

If I had a healthier budget it would be rainbow trout or salmon - with asparagus or a salad - at least twice a week. Yum.

But on a tight budget it is jerk beans (black eyed peas with jerk seasoning). I have it most days.

Most often -

If I had a healthier budget it would be rainbow trout or salmon - with asparagus or a salad - at least twice a week. Yum.

But on a tight budget it is jerk beans (black eyed peas with jerk seasoning). I have it most days.

Salmon is one of my very favorite things to eat. I could definitely eat it at least twice a week. I typically make it with broccoli or asparagus and in my house a starch is a must so rice, noodles or roasted potatoes. My DH insists salmon (or any fish for that matter) isn’t filling so he usually puts his on a sandwich bun and makes a fish sandwich so matter how it’s prepared. If he doesn’t make it a fish sandwich he instead gets up from the table while we are still eating and makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Salads, with varying ingredients. Very large salads, lots of ins and outs, all sorts of nutrients, the works.

I don't think a day will go by when this board doesn't discuss food, and I'm already getting hungry again.

Salmon is one of my very favorite things to eat. I could definitely eat it at least twice a week. I typically make it with broccoli or asparagus and in my house a starch is a must so rice, noodles or roasted potatoes. My DH insists salmon (or any fish for that matter) isn’t filling so he usually puts his on a sandwich bun and makes a fish sandwich so matter how it’s prepared. If he doesn’t make it a fish sandwich he instead gets up from the table while we are still eating and makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

You've caught yourself quite the entertaining man. :rotfl2::thumbsup2

Please go tell him he has won the wife lottery, since you are obviously very patient. Insert big wink.

HTH

How is Alfredo sauce in a thread about healthy food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter