What is the furthest you have travelled by yourself?

STL to Iceland. DH was stationed there for a year and I went to visit. Immediately regretted that he wasn't able to extend his assignment so we could all go. It's a beautiful island. :)

Just short of 1,500 miles (one way). 1979, from Maryland to Key West on my motorcycle. I was 19 years old. That was a long, long trip on two wheels.

Last edited:
By plane I vacationed in the Bahamas by myself so about 1100 miles
By car by myself is about 400 miles each way.

Florida to UK by air. Florida to Smoky Mountains by car, about 1200 miles round trip.

I was planning a solo road trip to DL from Florida in 2020, that I didn’t get to take. I would rather drive than fly. Maybe someday, if gas gets a bit cheaper . . .

Detroit to Orlando for a professional conference, by air. Getting ready to beat that by a good margin next year, though, when I'm driving solo cross-country to move my daughter out of her dorm after graduation.

At 17 years old hopped on a plane and flew from MA to Japan for a 6 week visit with a friend. First international trip and I went on my own.

Egypt but it was long time ago. Wouldn't mind to go somewhere alone again for a couple of days.
Now as i think about that it is not a bad idea to check with the travelocity here what kind of offers they have and plan my next big trip.

Last edited:
A little over 8000 miles. I flew from Iowa to Wellington, NZ to care for my daughter after a hip replacement.
Driving, it’s about 1400 miles. MIL gave my son a car that I had to transfer from AZ to IA.

I don’t mind traveling alone. And love my solo WDW trips.

Please don't take this as picking on anyone because that's not how it's meant, but I can not imagine being an adult and not having traveled more than 30 miles by myself. And my numbers don't come close to some of the people who have answered. Driving about 550 miles, flying NJ to Ft Lauderdale

By air - around 6700 miles (one way) Toronto to Sendai

By road - 433 miles Toronto to Lennoxville, Quebec - numerous times

By train. - approximately 2000 miles Vancouver to Toronto

Cross-country - California to Boston and back twice for business trips in the late 80s/early 90s. More recently (2018), I flew by myself back to California after visiting my son at school in Miami. I had an exit row, an empty seat next to me, snacks and free movies. It was a very enjoyable flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter