What is the fastest way to get DC membership materials?

Mom+4

<font color=teal>Saved from the loony bin by the T
I am finally going to sign up for the Disney Club card, and have seen that you get a free Emerald Aisle membership from National by using your DC membership. So, I need to know how to get DC materials quickly so I don't miss out on the National promotion. Is it better on the Internet, by snail mail or can you sign up over the 'phone? Thanks for your help.

1. DC materials take about 30 days regardless of how you order (told to me by DC on phone). My packet arrives nearly exactly on the 30th day, which about a week ago. Today in the mail from them I received a DC inaugural pin as an apology in the delay of sending the membership packet (I was thinking 'huh?') It is a cute pin, although I'm not one of those pin trading people.

2. I joined EA thru the link on mousesavers for Capital One credit card holders. It says you do not have to verify having an account with Capital One and I do NOT but I was able to join EA just fine. Keep in mind that you need to join EA in the name of the person who will be driving. I did mine all in my dh's name as he typically drives when we go anywhere all together. You do have to provide a credit card but it can be any cc.

3. To join EA with the Disney Club on the DC website it gives you a phone number to call National to request a fee-waived application which sounded like it would take quite a while---get the DC info, call to request form, wait for form in snail mail, fill out and return.... LONG! Thru Capital One, I applied for EA online in minutes and they emailed me an approval and membership number within about 15 minutes.

Hope this helps! Carla

I would be afraid they would ask to see my capital one card!

I called for a form, and then I called National, to ask about hubby driving, since the DC, EA, are in my name, but hubby will be driving. They said no problem..but whoever is the main driver, should have the credit card in their name. I was told that either of us may drive at no extra cost.
The gal on the phone, suggested I call back in two weeks, and get my EA number, and ask them to attach that to my reservations.

Mom, I received my DC info in about a week this summer. I needed the code for something before the card came in the mail, and I was given the phone for the DC also. If you need your membership #, call the DC phone number and they will give it to you.

hey Mom+4, don't know if you saw my post from end of July about this. (the title was something like how long does it take to get DC membership materials)
but i ended up signing up for DC on the internet on 8/2.
i live right next to NYC. don't know if my mail is "faster" than other places, but i got my DC membership kit on this past Thursday, 8/9. so that's 7 days.

also, once you sign on the DC website, they email you a DC member # in about 24 hours.
you can use that immediately to login to the DC website, and then search for National, and the phone number to call for the EA application is listed on the DC website.

i was thinking about trying the Capital One link also, but i'm uncomfortable about it... since i'm not a Capital One card holder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter