• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the earliest you have seen Slinky Dog Dash open during early entry?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
It was my prior understanding that Rise of the Resistance was the only ride that opened an officially earlier than the 30 minute early entry at Hollywood studios. I recently watched a YouTube video showing that slucky dog dash was also opening unofficially prior to the 30 minute window.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Is this something that it does on a daily basis? I thought Slinky was like all the other rides at the park that opened exactly at 8:00 a.m. when there was an 8:30 park open, but maybe I was wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Depends how early they’re talking…

When I was there last fall, they started the line moving about 5 minutes before 8, but it takes about that long to walk through the queue to the ride. Either way, it helps to be at the tapstiles as early as possible to be among the first through and to the land so you’re not too far back when they do open the ride.

Last edited:
This past week opening at 8 AM. Line was long and didn't start moving until about 8:10-8:15AM... So it took 30 mins for just that one ride. Probably won't do that again!

This past week opening at 8 AM. Line was long and didn't start moving until about 8:10-8:15AM... So it took 30 mins for just that one ride. Probably won't do that again!
I have had the opposite happen......we loaded a bit early and I was off the ride about 1 minute before early entry officially started.

On some days they get a slightly early start......on some days they are "on time"....and on other days they may be a few minutes behind schedule.

It can be somewhat random and depends on if the ride is fully manned and if the leadership wants to start a few minutes early.

I only expect to get in one heavy hitter during EEH. Anymore, major bonus.

So if you stay deluxe you can get into the park at 8:30 so why are rides starting at 8:00 then?

So if you stay deluxe you can get into the park at 8:30 so why are rides starting at 8:00 then?

ETPE might officially start at 8:30 but some rides open earlier than that some days.

To be towards the front of the ETPE crowds it is recommended you be at your transportation 90 mins before the Early Opening officially begins.

First of all, every Disney resort guest, and those at other eligible resorts like the hotels at Disney Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green, and a few others, can participate in Early Theme Park Entry. Not just deluxe.

Included attractions for those eligible guests typically start operation 30 minutes before regular opening time. If opening time is 8:30 (as is often the case with HS), early entry starts at 8:00. If opening is at 9:00, early entry starts at 8:30.

Ok thanks. Is there a list of attractions that open before the early entry time?
At HS, I think its pretty much every ride. I was there Saturday morning and at EE and people were lining up for all three toy story rides (though Slinky Dog ended up being down and not opening until after 9), both SW rides, Mickey Railway, ToT, and the RNR Coaster

So I guess everyone just shows up at 8 then so then the official 8:30 early entry time doesn’t mean much then lol. Good to know!
When do they publish the extra evening hours for deluxe guests then? We go mid November and can’t find anything for those dates.

So I guess everyone just shows up at 8 then so then the official 8:30 early entry time doesn’t mean much then lol. Good to know!
When do they publish the extra evening hours for deluxe guests then? We go mid November and can’t find anything for those dates.
Early entry definitely "means something".

Cast members screen guests before the enter the park, to ensure they are eligible for early entry. If they are not eligible resort guests, they will not be able to scan into the park until regular opening time.

Guests have been arriving at Disney parks before opening time forever. Sometimes Disney opens the gates or starts attraction operations a bit early, but not always.

Extended evening hours are reflected on the theme park hours calendar on the website or app. Those are released about 60 days out. Right now for the first week in November, Epcot has Extended hours on Thursday, 11/2. Keep checking for dates to be released for later in the month.

Generally speaking, they allow you to arrive at the front gate 1 hour before early entry begins. They’ll then scan eligible guests into the park 30 minutes before early entry begins, giving guests the opportunity to get to their desired first ride. From there, they may open a ride right away, but in most cases, you’ll be waiting until just before early entry to actually ride that first ride. The later you are, the further back you’ll be, but if you’re early, you might be able to get a couple rides in during the EE time.

Times are usually added about 70 days out, but the extra evening hours might take a bit longer to post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter