• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the diffrence between the pop and the all star resorts?

I_love_minnie

Earning My Ears
Hi, me and my family are looking for a good vacation
we are leaving for the Contempoary in 2 days. and then we may be going in feb.

i want to know what the diffrence is between POP and ALL STAR

because we stayed at POP & we HATED IT
NO FAN. LONG WALKING DISTANCE TO BUS PICKUP FOR THE PARKS.

The POP has there own bus transportation and All 3 of the ALL Stars they share the buses.

I stayed at All Star Sports two weeks ago and the buses went straight from the hotel to the park in the morning, but, in the evening, we stopped at the other two resorts before going on to the park. I don't know if the bus schedule changes during the busy seasons, though I would think they'd have one bus per resort when they're moving more people back and forth.

There isn't much difference. The 3 All Stars are located right next door to each other and sometimes share buses. None of the the All Stars have any lake frontage. But other than that, imagine POP but with different giant icons. Same big buildings, same room layouts, same long walks, same larger than life decor, same amenities.

If you hated POP that much because there are no fans and the long walking distances bothered you, than you won't be happy with the All Stars either.

Hi, me and my family are looking for a good vacation
we are leaving for the Contempoary in 2 days. and then we may be going in feb.

i want to know what the diffrence is between POP and ALL STAR

because we stayed at POP & we HATED IT
NO FAN. LONG WALKING DISTANCE TO BUS PICKUP FOR THE PARKS.

The main difference between Pop Century and the All Stars is Pop Century has a dedicated bus which means when you get on it, it's going to go straight to the destination(s) on the bus signage. At All Star, you could just go to the next All Star building to pick up more people.

At both resorts, you are going to have rooms that are further away from the buses than others. What you should do at either place is request a room as close to the bus stop as possible. I've stayed at Pop Century many times and I've been in the 50s buildings right next to Classic Hall and had a 1-2 minute walk to the bus and I've also been in the 80s building way out that was a good 5-7 minute walk to the bus. Same situation with All Stars. Been close to the bus stop, been far away from them.

The POP has there own bus transportation and All 3 of the ALL Stars they share the buses.

Not always! In fact, each All Star Resort has its own bus way more often than they share!

Even when they do share, it is more like they are seperate stops at the same resort. It takes less than 10 minutes to make all 3 stops. You can walk from one All Star to another in less than 10 minutes, how long a bus ride can that be?:rotfl2: I love that the Pop fans always make it sound like a ride to the ends of the earth!

The Pop is 50% larger than each individual All Star. So you have that many more people to fight with to get a seat in the food court, or a seat by the pool, or a seat on the bus. Not a plus, in my book.:sad2:

If you want to be closer to the bus stop and food court then you should reserve a Preferred room. At the All Star Music that means you will be no further than 2 buildings away from the main building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter